Contribute
Register

MSI GS60 2QE Ghost Pro, HD5600 QE/CI 7mb problem (10.11.3)

Motherboard
Gigabyte P35X v7
CPU
i7-7700HQ/HM170
Graphics
HD 630, GTX 1070 (3840 x 2160)
Did you implement backlight control?
Yes.

Everything has been patched and implemented as per you laptop guide. Everything is working except the screen wake from sleep.

Thank you,
Robert.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes.

Everything has been patched and implemented as per you laptop guide. Everything is working except the screen wake from sleep.

Thank you,
Robert.
Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda
Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Motherboard
Gigabyte P35X v7
CPU
i7-7700HQ/HM170
Graphics
Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Code:
Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Code:
Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.
Please see post #57. rrusek.zip contains all the information you are asking above.

Thank you,
Robert.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Please see post #57. rrusek.zip contains all the information you are asking above.

Thank you,
Robert.
ACPI is not patched correctly. Based on ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-8.aml
SSDT-9.aml
SSDT-10.aml

Make sure you re-extract into an empty ACPI/origin because having SSDT-7.aml *and* SSDT-7x.aml is impossible.

Motherboard
Gigabyte P35X v7
CPU
i7-7700HQ/HM170
Graphics
ACPI is not patched correctly. Based on ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-8.aml
SSDT-9.aml
SSDT-10.aml

Make sure you re-extract into an empty ACPI/origin because having SSDT-7.aml *and* SSDT-7x.aml is impossible.
I am a little unclear.

I currently have ACPI/patched:

DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-5.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml

Should I remove SSDT-4.aml, SSDT-5.aml, SSDT-6.aml, SSDT-7.aml, and add ,SSDT-0.aml, SSDT-8.aml, SSDT-9.aml, and SSDT-10.aml or just add SSDT-0.aml, SSDT-8.aml, SSDT-9.aml, and SSDT-10.aml ?

All the patches are in DSDT.aml, SSDT-5.aml, and SSDT-7.aml.

Thank you,
RJR

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I am a little unclear.

I currently have ACPI/patched:

DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-5.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml

Should I remove SSDT-4.aml, SSDT-5.aml, SSDT-6.aml, SSDT-7.aml, and add ,SSDT-0.aml, SSDT-8.aml, SSDT-9.aml, and SSDT-10.aml or just add SSDT-0.aml, SSDT-8.aml, SSDT-9.aml, and SSDT-10.aml ?

All the patches are in DSDT.aml, SSDT-5.aml, and SSDT-7.aml.

Thank you,
RJR
Read post #64. The files you should have in ACPI/patched is determined from ACPI/origin. And it is stated quite clearly and unambiguously.

For example, there is no SSDT-7.aml or SSDT-5.aml in ACPI/origin, so I don't know why you're patching them (or even what you're patching).

Motherboard
Gigabyte P35X v7
CPU
i7-7700HQ/HM170
Graphics
Read post #64. The files you should have in ACPI/patched is determined from ACPI/origin. And it is stated quite clearly and unambiguously.

For example, there is no SSDT-7.aml or SSDT-5.aml in ACPI/origin, so I don't know why you're patching them (or even what you're patching).
I would like to apologize for all the confusion.

I am attaching 3 files:

tables.zip - Extracted with Linux, as per your guide.

origin.zip - Extracted with Clover F4.

patched.zip - Patched files against tables.zip not origin.zip.

Took me a while to recollect since the patching was done back in February. I used the Extracting with Linux method due to older version of Clover F4 would generate duplicates. In post #57 (rrusek.zip) I inadvertently uploaded the Extracted with Clover F4 files.

Thank you,
RJR

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I would like to apologize for all the confusion.

I am attaching 3 files:

tables.zip - Extracted with Linux, as per your guide.

origin.zip - Extracted with Clover F4.

patched.zip - Patched files against tables.zip not origin.zip.

Took me a while to recollect since the patching was done back in February. I used the Extracting with Linux method due to older version of Clover F4 would generate duplicates. In post #57 (rrusek.zip) I inadvertently uploaded the Extracted with Clover F4 files.

Thank you,
RJR
Patch based on ACPI/origin as previously suggested.

Duplicate SSDTs in ACPI/origin is not a real issue, as it is easily resolved (see details in the guide).

Motherboard
Gigabyte P35X v7
CPU
i7-7700HQ/HM170
Graphics
Patch based on ACPI/origin as previously suggested.

Duplicate SSDTs in ACPI/origin is not a real issue, as it is easily resolved (see details in the guide).
Patched against Extracted with Clover F4, ACPI\origin.

Still having the same issue with the display not waking from sleep :(

Would it be possible to patch DDST/SSDTs so that when coming out of sleep IGPU is turned OFF then turned ON?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Patched against Extracted with Clover F4, ACPI\origin.

Still having the same issue with the display not waking from sleep :(

Would it be possible to patch DDST/SSDTs so that when coming out of sleep IGPU is turned OFF then turned ON?

Code:

Code: