Contribute
Register

MSI GS60 2QE Ghost Pro, HD5600 QE/CI 7mb problem (10.11.3)

Motherboard
MSI GE62-2QF
CPU
i7-5700HQ / HM87
Graphics
Intel HD5600 + GTX970M
Mobile Phone
iOS
allright, eh eh eh eh, I'm working on it, but the config.plist seems abnormal as even a tiny modification could lead to odd problems, may be this is just case-by-case.
Just out of curiosity, are you using Clover Configurator to edit your config.plist?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just out of curiosity, are you using Clover Configurator to edit your config.plist?
@everyone...

Keep in mind Clover Configurator deletes sections it doesn't support. Such as Devices/Arbitrary.

Use of Clover Configurator is not recommended (as should be clear from my comment above, it is not designed well).

Motherboard
MSI GE62 2QD Apache Pro (Clover)
CPU
i7-5700HQ/HM87
Graphics
HD5600, GTX960M, 1920x1080
yes, but when I found there were always some problems after modification by clover configuration, I try to edit by plist pro.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-5700HQ/HM87
Graphics
@everyone...

Keep in mind Clover Configurator deletes sections it doesn't support. Such as Devices/Arbitrary.

Use of Clover Configurator is not recommended (as should be clear from my comment above, it is not designed well).
Yes, it's true.

Motherboard
MSI GE62-2QF
CPU
i7-5700HQ / HM87
Graphics
Intel HD5600 + GTX970M
Mobile Phone
iOS
Seems like fixing backlight control might make it work. Booting without the included DSDT/SSDTs resulted in a KP. As RehabMan suggested, just copy/pasting the .plist values under /Arbitrary doesn't work either.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that the CPU never throttles below 1GHz. I've tried editing the board ID .plist (before editing the CPU wouldn't go below 1.3GHz) to no avail.

Last edited:
Motherboard
MSI GS60-2QE - Clover
CPU
i7-5700HQ/HM87
Graphics
HD 5600 + NVIDIA GTX 970M, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
Seems like fixing backlight control might make it work. Booting without the included DSDT/SSDTs resulted in a KP. As RehabMan suggested, just copy/pasting the .plist values under /Arbitrary doesn't work either.
Hello, I'm stuck in the sleep problem. As you described, as I press the power button, screen goes black and power button blinks in blue. But the computer can't be waked, appering with a black screen with BACKLIGHT. Factly, I even could adjust the backlight by my keyboard. Thus, I'm pretty sure the laptop is awake, but something is wrong with the scrren. I noticed a plug-in moniter may not be influenced by the sleep and wake. Have you fixed it?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello, I'm stuck in the sleep problem. As you described, as I press the power button, screen goes black and power button blinks in blue. But the computer can't be waked, appering with a black screen with BACKLIGHT. Factly, I even could adjust the backlight by my keyboard. Thus, I'm pretty sure the laptop is awake, but something is wrong with the scrren. I noticed a plug-in moniter may not be influenced by the sleep and wake. Have you fixed it?
Use an external monitor to collect ioreg post wake.

Make sure ACPI is patched correctly...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Please fill out your profile...

Motherboard
CPU
i7-5700HQ/HM87
Graphics

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that the CPU never throttles below 1GHz. I've tried editing the board ID .plist (before editing the CPU wouldn't go below 1.3GHz) to no avail.
you can use ssdt to make cpu frequency, almost 8 values from 800MHz to 3.5G.
As for backlight control, it's possible to make it work by patching native power management.

Motherboard
MSI GE62-2QF
CPU
i7-5700HQ / HM87
Graphics
Intel HD5600 + GTX970M
Mobile Phone
iOS
Noticed some weird things going on in Traykun's /CLOVER folder, things like renamed dynamic SSDTs (SSDT-4x -> SSDT-4) and inconsistencies between ACPI patches and loaded kexts (eg. "Brightness fix (Haswell/Broadwell)" patch used, IntelBacklight.kext provided)

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Noticed some weird things going on in Traykun's /CLOVER folder, things like renamed dynamic SSDTs (SSDT-4x -> SSDT-4) and inconsistencies between ACPI patches and loaded kexts (eg. "Brightness fix (Haswell/Broadwell)" patch used, IntelBacklight.kext provided)
Typical mistakes. No one reads carefully...