Contribute
Register

MSI GP72VR 7RF with Sierra 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Display Properties will show you which graphics device is connected to each monitor.
Just checked when I plug my external HDMI monitor.
- laptop display = HD630
- external display = GTX1060

So ... let's activate NVIDIA drivers. First I have to remove the patched SSDT-7.aml and keep my NVIDIA GPU working, no other way to save battery if I want to use it with external display I guess ...
Or maybe I can boot with an other CLOVER on my USB without the patched SSDT-7.aml each time I wanna connect it to the display for 3D modelling ?

Just checked when I plug my external HDMI monitor.
- laptop display = HD630
- external display = GTX1060

So ... let's activate NVIDIA drivers. First I have to remove the patched SSDT-7.aml and keep my NVIDIA GPU working, no other way to save battery if I want to use it with external display I guess ...
Or maybe I can boot with an other CLOVER on my USB without the patched SSDT-7.aml each time I wanna connect it to the display for 3D modelling ?

Once you get the Nvidia drivers working, you can test for power impact and potentially implement other power saving procedures as related to Nvidia dedicated graphics.

The patch to your SSDT-7.aml is only the additional _INI (going from memory), so you can simply do the same with an add-on SSDT (see hotpatch guide), then if you want to not disable it, you can simply drop that add-on SSDT within the Clover GUI. Or you could make it pre-dropped (with config.plist/ACPI/DisabledAML), then "undrop" it with the Clover GUI should you want to boot with it disabled. Which way you choose all depends on which use case is more common.

Once you get the Nvidia drivers working, you can test for power impact and potentially implement other power saving procedures as related to Nvidia dedicated graphics.

The patch to your SSDT-7.aml is only the additional _INI (going from memory), so you can simply do the same with an add-on SSDT (see hotpatch guide), then if you want to not disable it, you can simply drop that add-on SSDT within the Clover GUI. Or you could make it pre-dropped (with config.plist/ACPI/DisabledAML), then "undrop" it with the Clover GUI should you want to boot with it disabled. Which way you choose all depends on which use case is more common.
Ok I will see this when I have more time.

The Wifi

I'm in China now and thinking about buying a compatible wifi card.
In Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide], it is said that the BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A is natively supported, but you also wrote further that it is not working on all laptops for unknown reason. So maybe I could buy the BCM94352Z/AzureWave AW-CE162NF/DW1560 ? Any experience with that card ? Do you think it is a good idea for my laptop ?

I'm in China now and thinking about buying a compatible wifi card.
In Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide], it is said that the BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A is natively supported, but you also wrote further that it is not working on all laptops for unknown reason. So maybe I could buy the BCM94352Z/AzureWave AW-CE162NF/DW1560 ? Any experience with that card ? Do you think it is a good idea for my laptop ?

Definitely results with BCM943252 are more consistent than results with BCM94350.

Definitely results with BCM943252 are more consistent than results with BCM94350.
I bought the BCM94352Z/AzureWave AW-CE162NF/DW1560 for 155 CNY (about 24.50 USD) and followed Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide] to enable it. Wifi and Bluetooth work perfectly so far.

Thanks for your advice.

Will continue configuring when I have more free time.

I'm now trying to activate my SD card reader.

According to Windows device manager :
Realtek USB 2.0
vendor ID : hex 0bda -- dec 3034
product ID : hex 0129 -- dec 297

I followed the guide How To Make a Generic Driver For Any Card Reader from Rakif and edited AppleStorageDrivers.kext from S/L/E but no result on my side so far ...

Should I edit my config.plist somehow ?

Thanks

Attachments

• 2018-05-23 11_51_22-Gestionnaire de périphériques.png
    2018-05-23 11_51_22-Gestionnaire de périphériques.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 162
  • AppleStorageDrivers.kext.zip
    614.6 KB · Views: 96
  • debug_8208.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
I'm now trying to activate my SD card reader.

According to Windows device manager :
Realtek USB 2.0
vendor ID : hex 0bda -- dec 3034
product ID : hex 0129 -- dec 297

I followed the guide How To Make a Generic Driver For Any Card Reader from Rakif and edited AppleStorageDrivers.kext from S/L/E but no result on my side so far ...

Should I edit my config.plist somehow ?

Thanks

Your kextcache shows no patched AppleStorageDrivers.kext installed.
It also shows problems with FakePCIID_XHCIMux installation.

It also shows problems with FakePCIID_XHCIMux installation.
Just installed the 2018-04-21 release of all the FakePCIID kexts that I use. Seems to be fixed now.

Your kextcache shows no patched AppleStorageDrivers.kext installed.
Just installed again but my internal card reader is still not working, either regognized in sysprefs. Attached the new report.

Attachments

• debug_27987.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 95
Just installed the 2018-04-21 release of all the FakePCIID kexts that I use. Seems to be fixed now.

FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext has no application to your hardware (100-series has no EHCI controller), so I don't even know why you installed it.

Just installed again but my internal card reader is still not working, either regognized in sysprefs. Attached the new report.

You should double check your work (eg. that your patch will actually cause an IOKit match for your card reader (bda:129).
Also, it is highly likely the kext provided by Apple is simply not compatible with your card reader.

You should double check your work (eg. that your patch will actually cause an IOKit match for your card reader (bda:129).
Also, it is highly likely the kext provided by Apple is simply not compatible with your card reader.
I am not familiar with kext creation either with I/O Kit. Should I learn Xcode or is there an other way I could do without this kind of programming knowledge ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back