Contribute
Register

MSI GP72VR 7RF with Sierra 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a simple way to "update" your branch of Clover, like with the pref pannel ?

Can't get any simpler than running the Clover installer.

Ok then before trying to disable the GPU, maybe I should see if it is dedicated ... ? I thought all dual GPU latop with NVIDIA are Optimus. How can I see if it is the case or not ?

Not all are Optimus. Some laptops (usually gaming laptops) have Nvidia (or AMD) with dedicated HDMI and/or DP ports.

Your Clover revision is too old to support AutoMerge=true.
See guide for link to RehabMan Clover build:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
Updated to last version.

As far as I can tell, the Nvidia is not disabled... (look in ioreg and you still find PEG0.PEGP under PCI0).

Are you talking about this ?

Not all are Optimus. Some laptops (usually gaming laptops) have Nvidia (or AMD) with dedicated HDMI and/or DP ports.
Well, this laptop is supposed to be a gaming laptop with good graphics... How can I see my HDMI is dedicated or not ?
On Windows, with the NVIDIA config pan, I can activate an option which shows the list of softwares using my GTX... does it mean that I have Optimus ?

Attached new report files just in case ...

Attachments

• debug_19286.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 98
Alright. Good thing done.

Could you tell me how to define if I got Optimus or dedicated GPU ?
Thanks.

I'm trying to get some infos from the NVIDIA pannel on Windows. Nothing about Optimus there.
But I see a scheme which makes me think that my HDMI is dedicated to the GTX1060.

It says that the screen of the laptop is linked to Intel HD Graphics 630. And seems that the switch between dual GPU is done with PhysX.

So ... Once I activate the HDMI, I should use the GTX1060, right ?

Attachments

• 2018-03-01 17_20_23-Panneau de configuration NVIDIA.png
    2018-03-01 17_20_23-Panneau de configuration NVIDIA.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 72
I'm trying to get some infos from the NVIDIA pannel on Windows. Nothing about Optimus there.
But I see a scheme which makes me think that my HDMI is dedicated to the GTX1060.

It says that the screen of the laptop is linked to Intel HD Graphics 630. And seems that the switch between dual GPU is done with PhysX.

So ... Once I activate the HDMI, I should use the GTX1060, right ?

It sounds like your HDMI port is dedicated to the Nvidia, laptop display always using Intel (eg. not Optimus).

But you should verify in Windows. Only you can do it, as you're the only one sitting in front of the laptop.
Indeed. But where am I supposed to find this information ?
I'm checking the system informations, but nothing mention about HDMI ...

Indeed. But where am I supposed to find this information ?
I'm checking the system informations, but nothing mention about HDMI ...

Display Properties will show you which graphics device is connected to each monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back