Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> MSI GL65 9SD - OC - Monterey 12.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
check your bios settings and make sure hard drive is set to AHCI
I found a solution! I postponed the problem with the ssd for a while, and started "stall [1] IOUSBHostDevice" because before the time the installer appears, it takes 15 minutes
I found a mention that you need to disable IntelBluetoothInjector.kext and put BlueToolFixup.kext instead
And this solved not only the problem with a long boot, but the installer saw the ssd after that. Now it remains to overcome the idle hdmi
I am attaching a working one EFI
Thank you so much, without your help I would go crazy trying the hack alone :D

Attachments

• EFI_msi_monterey.zip
    22.9 MB · Views: 532
I found a solution! I postponed the problem with the ssd for a while, and started "stall [1] IOUSBHostDevice" because before the time the installer appears, it takes 15 minutes
I found a mention that you need to disable IntelBluetoothInjector.kext and put BlueToolFixup.kext instead
And this solved not only the problem with a long boot, but the installer saw the ssd after that. Now it remains to overcome the idle hdmi
I am attaching a working one EFI
Thank you so much, without your help I would go crazy trying the hack alone :D
was just looking into your issue! :)

seems strange that the bluetooth kext would stop the diskutility seeing the hard drive though! crazy!

was just looking into your issue! :)

seems strange that the bluetooth kext would stop the diskutility seeing the hard drive though! crazy!
I completely agree. Solving the problem with the ssd, I would never have thought that it could be in the bluetooth. I was fabulously lucky that it also caused a 15 minute loading delay, otherwise I would just ignore it, because I never use bluetooth on the laptop, and if it doesn’t work, I don’t care at all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

he to all. I have MSI GL65 9skc, and use this efi for monterey.
Installation was nice, but I have problem white bluetooth, not work.

he to all. I have MSI GL65 9skc, and use this efi for monterey.
Installation was nice, but I have problem white bluetooth, not work.
your nvidia card is not supported in Monterey

your nvidia card is not supported in Monterey
I tried to make 2 points as simply as possible so peeps would know this. Guess it's not working.

1. You will only have success choosing macOS compatible graphics if you remember that: macOS is not Windows
2. Apple incorporates all their graphics drivers into the mac Operating System. There are only drivers in macOS for a very limited subset of graphics cards made by Nvidia and AMD. You can't use any card you'd like as you can with Windows.

I now that, nvidia card is not work. All laptop in this thread have nvidia and it is disable.
Because I use this EFI, and I do not have problem whit nvidia, I have problem bluetooth.

I now that, nvidia card is not work. All laptop in this thread have nvidia and it is disable.
Because I use this EFI, and I do not have problem whit nvidia, I have problem bluetooth.
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

and then zip and upload your EFI

Yep, i'm also have problem with bluetooth. I've disabled IntelBluetoothInjector.kext and puted BlueToolFixup.kext instead. But this is workaround to have succes with installation. Isn't solution for bluetooth, because i don't use it. I think the problem is in kexts. Maybe it will work if you will bring back IntelBluetoothInjector, or try to find some another kexts for bt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back