Contribute
Register

MSI GF63 Thin 9SC macOS Monterey. A little bit of help needed if possible.

Motherboard
MSI GF63 Thin 9SC
CPU
i5-9300H
Graphics
GTX 1650 Max-Q
Trying to find a little bit of help if possible.

Monterey 12.6.3
Opencore REL-064-2020-12-07
SMBIOS Shows as: MacBookPro16,1

MSI GF63 Thin 9SC
Intel i5-9300H
32gb DDR4
Samsung 970 Evo 500gb NVME drive. Also have a Samsung 1tb 2.5 inch SSD installed.
MaxQ Nvidia 1650 (I know this will never work)
WLAN BCM94360NG Wifi/BT NGFF M.2 card

Working:
1. Ethernet (On AT&T Fiber I only get about max of 200mb/sec download on a 1 Gigabit connection)
2. Wifi/Bluetooth (On AT&T Fiber I only get about max of 200mb/sec download on a 1 Gigabit connection)

Not working:
1. Sound speaker/microphone not working.
Vendor: ONBOARD
Name: Realtek ALC269
Codec: 0x10ec0269
(AppleHDA) Realtek ALC269 (10ec:0269) Rev.(00100203)
Controller 8086:a170 (sub-ven:1462:127e)

2. Cannot boot without USB being inserted.

3. Graphics seems to show up right. Nvidia MaxQ 1650 seems to be “disabled”........ I think. Lol. Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB. Is this right??

4. Keeps asking to setup keyboard when logged in. Weird.

5. Camera not working.

Attached relevant pictures.

I have tried installing Ventura before this but no luck on that setup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• MSI GF63 Screen Kext.png
    MSI GF63 Screen Kext.png
    272.7 KB · Views: 25
  • MSI GF63 Screen Kext 2.png
    MSI GF63 Screen Kext 2.png
    234.7 KB · Views: 24
  • MSI GF63 Screen Kext 3.png
    MSI GF63 Screen Kext 3.png
    106 KB · Views: 23
  • MSI GF63 Screen Kext 4.png
    MSI GF63 Screen Kext 4.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 43
  • EFI.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Attached a copy of my EFI folder.

Has anyone had a chance to see if I could get help with this if possible?

Thanks

Trying to find a little bit of help if possible.

Monterey 12.6.3
Opencore REL-064-2020-12-07
SMBIOS Shows as: MacBookPro16,1

MSI GF63 Thin 9SC
Intel i5-9300H
32gb DDR4
Samsung 970 Evo 500gb NVME drive. Also have a Samsung 1tb 2.5 inch SSD installed.
MaxQ Nvidia 1650 (I know this will never work)
WLAN BCM94360NG Wifi/BT NGFF M.2 card

Working:
1. Ethernet (On AT&T Fiber I only get about max of 200mb/sec download on a 1 Gigabit connection)
2. Wifi/Bluetooth (On AT&T Fiber I only get about max of 200mb/sec download on a 1 Gigabit connection)

Not working:
1. Sound speaker/microphone not working.
Vendor: ONBOARD
Name: Realtek ALC269
Codec: 0x10ec0269
(AppleHDA) Realtek ALC269 (10ec:0269) Rev.(00100203)
Controller 8086:a170 (sub-ven:1462:127e)

2. Cannot boot without USB being inserted.

3. Graphics seems to show up right. Nvidia MaxQ 1650 seems to be “disabled”........ I think. Lol. Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB. Is this right??

4. Keeps asking to setup keyboard when logged in. Weird.

5. Camera not working.

Attached relevant pictures.

I have tried installing Ventura before this but no luck on that setup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
may be worth running this:
to create your own HPET.aml along with config.plist entries for Find and Replace

then try each layout id as per:
reset nvram on each try

make sure your usb ports are setup correctly:
ie if your camera is an internal usb camera then it should be set to internal (255) (as well as wifi card etc)

probably no need to 2 aml files to disable your nvidia card, also the boot argument can be removed

should be a case of copying over your working EFI folder from your EFI partition on your USB stick to your EFI partition on your main hard drive

"should be a case of copying over your working EFI folder from your EFI partition on your USB stick to your EFI partition on your main hard drive"

Yeah I have tried copying the EFI folder from USB over to the EFI on the HDD with no luck which is weird.

As for the other tutorials I can "try" them. I am unfortunately unfamiliar with that stuff about editing AML files etc. to the point it just aggravates my headaches and seizures. I have tried following those tutorials but they are completely foreign to me. lol

I might just have to give up on this mess. I think it can be done with Catalina with Clover but trying to go past that with OpenCore is where the problems start.

I can get Sonoma with Opencore installed on it with no problem with Opencore but getting the audio, bluetooth (Iffy), wifi (Well this works), etc to work is another story. I have managed to make it that far but still no boot to MacOS without USB. Without USB it doesn't do anything but an error like it doesn't recognize the hard drive.

Wifi card is Model: BCM94360NG

"should be a case of copying over your working EFI folder from your EFI partition on your USB stick to your EFI partition on your main hard drive"

Yeah I have tried copying the EFI folder from USB over to the EFI on the HDD with no luck which is weird.

As for the other tutorials I can "try" them. I am unfortunately unfamiliar with that stuff about editing AML files etc. to the point it just aggravates my headaches and seizures. I have tried following those tutorials but they are completely foreign to me. lol

I might just have to give up on this mess. I think it can be done with Catalina with Clover but trying to go past that with OpenCore is where the problems start.

I can get Sonoma with Opencore installed on it with no problem with Opencore but getting the audio, bluetooth (Iffy), wifi (Well this works), etc to work is another story. I have managed to make it that far but still no boot to MacOS without USB. Without USB it doesn't do anything but an error like it doesn't recognize the hard drive.

Wifi card is Model: BCM94360NG
stick with Monterey or Ventura, no support for BCM94360NG in Sonoma unless you use OCLP

"no luck" after copying efi, will need more info than that

Back