Graphics
MSI GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys so this is my first Hackintosh Build and also my first post...
but anyways I want to have two MSI GTX 970 Cards running in SLI but I can't even get one working.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I tried everything that I found on this topic.
So my About this Mac window displays the integrated graphics but in the System Report under the graphics tab my two cards are listed.
I tried booting with nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes nvda_drv=1 and so on
My BIOS setting is on IGFX though because when i switch it to PCIe Slot 1 or just PCIe my display will show the start of the booting process but then just have a black screen no matter if i plugged the hdmi cable into the mobo I/O or one of the gtx 970's
I really have no clue what to do I hope some of you guys can help me with that
Patrick

Screen Shot 2015-12-27 at 21.13.44.png
Screen Shot 2015-12-27 at 21.14.01.png
this is a screenshot from when I just plugged in the upper 970

If your monitor is plugged into the IGP then that is why it is showing the HD4600 in About this Mac.

Did you install the Nvidia web drivers?

What system profile are you using?

Is inject Nvidia set to false? (It should be false btw)

Hi,

I have a MSI GTX950, it won't work with HDMI, but is fine with DVI. Try that.

If you didn't install the drivers it will not work. With only one GPU card installed start up with boot flag nv_disable=1 download the Web Drivers from Nvidia for your exact system build number, and install them.

In the Bios select PCI and turn off internal graphics. Boot your computer.

Don't forget to add you system details to your profile to help us to help you!

Just a note: OS X doesn't support SLI so if you are looking for performance gains while gaming in OS X you won't see any versus a single card.

Thanks for your reply I did install the webdrivers and got it to work with the bootflags npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes so Im fine now

Patrick

I didnt have a DVI cable and my 970 works fine now with hdmi I still don't know what the problem was but the bootflag npci=0x2000 did it :) and I did all the stuff you suggested
thanks
Patrick

Just a note: OS X doesn't support SLI so if you are looking for performance gains while gaming in OS X you won't see any versus a single card.

I don't think its a problem for me because it's a dual boot system now with Mac for Working/Video Editing and Windows 10 for gaming and everything works fine now :D

Thanks for your reply I did install the webdrivers and got it to work with the bootflags npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes so Im fine now

Patrick

nv_disable=1 and GraphicsEnabler=Yes are both wrong. You just need to use the boot flag nvda_drv=1 and remove both of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back