Contribute
Register

MSI GeForce GT 710 (1GD3H LP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can confirm that this card works for Hackintoshing.
Image.png

Hi, injury works ok with dual monitor in high sierra? I just finish make an hackintosh to make music and my damn integrated intel 630 is impossible to make work with dual monitor (im desperated) and i dont wanna wasted 120€ in a new graphic card...
It should. Unfortunately, that was not something I tested when I had it for such a short period of time. I ended up returning it because it wouldn't work for an 1155 socket OEM system. The GT 710 as far as I've heard is supposed to be (I believe it was?) 4x better than integrated graphics. So from this, it should hold up for lower material. If you do decide to buy it and give it a shot, feel free to post the results.

Ough! My new hackintosh have a I5-7600 (socket 1151) you think work in this socket?
Ty by the way
Seeing as how much more up to date it is, I would assume so. I only mentioned the socket and that it was an OEM system because of it's age and compatibility.

It should. Unfortunately, that was not something I tested when I had it for such a short period of time. I ended up returning it because it wouldn't work for an 1155 socket OEM system. The GT 710 as far as I've heard is supposed to be (I believe it was?) 4x better than integrated graphics. So from this, it should hold up for lower material. If you do decide to buy it and give it a shot, feel free to post the results.

Hi sorry to hijack this slightly but did you mean that the GT 710 wouldn't work with your socket 1155 motherboard? I only ask as I'm just about to buy one and have an MSI H61M-P25-B3 which is socket 1155.

Cheers

Hi sorry to hijack this slightly but did you mean that the GT 710 wouldn't work with your socket 1155 motherboard? I only ask as I'm just about to buy one and have an MSI H61M-P25-B3 which is socket 1155.

Cheers
Correct, it would not work with my socket 1155 OEM system. I believe it was because of the VBIOS being too new, or the BIOS simply not being compatible even though it was up to date for the latest version.

edit- I got the card working for a different socket 1155 OEM system, so from this I would just assume it's because of the VBIOS or BIOS. So in summary, one socket 1155 OEM system it did work for, but the other it did not work for -and from this, I assume it's because of the VBIOS or BIOS.

Last edited:
Correct, it would not work with my socket 1155 OEM system. I believe it was because of the VBIOS being too new, or the BIOS simply not being compatible even though it was up to date for the latest version.

edit- I got the card working for a different socket 1155 OEM system, so from this I would just assume it's because of the VBIOS or BIOS. So in summary, one socket 1155 OEM system it did work for, but the other it did not work for -and from this, I assume it's because of the VBIOS or BIOS.

Thanks for that, I've ordered one anyway, I was looking at Radeon HD 5450's but they're old now and I want to run High Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back