Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI GE73VR 7RE
CPU
Intel 7700HQ
Graphics
Intel HD 630 + nVIdia 1070
Hi,

wasn't sure where to post this as this is apparently a general issue I'm experiencing and not tied to a specific OS.

I followed Rehabman's guide and managed to get a working installation, yay, but one (big) issue remains.

whenever I close my lid the screen goes off, which is normal for any laptop, only the screen doesn't come back, the computer isn't sleeping (sleep is working, but we're talking like 5 seconds after I close the lid) but it won't come back.

I'm kinda lost on what to do honestly, can't seem to find info on this issue, i tried fixing the EDID but nothing works.

Did anyone encounter something similar to this?

Hi,

wasn't sure where to post this as this is apparently a general issue I'm experiencing and not tied to a specific OS.

I followed Rehabman's guide and managed to get a working installation, yay, but one (big) issue remains.

whenever I close my lid the screen goes off, which is normal for any laptop, only the screen doesn't come back, the computer isn't sleeping (sleep is working, but we're talking like 5 seconds after I close the lid) but it won't come back.

I'm kinda lost on what to do honestly, can't seem to find info on this issue, i tried fixing the EDID but nothing works.

Did anyone encounter something similar to this?

Same issue with Apple->Sleep, or does that work fine?
Also, you forgot to attach PR files.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_22218.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I usually let it sleep until I see the power led changing color and the fans die down, about a minute or so

And then what happens?
Does power LED stay as it should (or does it "instant wake").

You really need to look at the ACPI guide.

And then what happens?
Does power LED stay as it should (or does it "instant wake").

You really need to look at the ACPI guide.

When the pc is working it's a yellow light, on sleep it's flashing white, so it just stays flashing white, until I press the button again to wake it.
If I close the lid I can't see the led, but it's going into sleep after a minute or so, it's then waking up when I open the lid, I can hear the fans spinning, even sounds from the OS, but the screen is off, no backlight...

I'll look into the ACPI patching, but I'm kinda wary since I don't have the required experience to actually analyze it.

When the pc is working it's a yellow light, on sleep it's flashing white, so it just stays flashing white, until I press the button again to wake it.
If I close the lid I can't see the led, but it's going into sleep after a minute or so, it's then waking up when I open the lid, I can hear the fans spinning, even sounds from the OS, but the screen is off, no backlight...

I'll look into the ACPI patching, but I'm kinda wary since I don't have the required experience to actually analyze it.

Your profile is still not fixed as per FAQ (screen resolution is missing).
Please fix:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

But you have a lot of work to do. For example, you didn't even implement backlight control.
Do some reading in the FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back