Contribute
Register

MSI GE72 2QF - instead wake, reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
My keyboard and touchpad stopped working after moving kext to /L/E.

Your ioreg shows AppleSmartPS2TouchPad working.

Your Lilu and plugins are mismatched. You should have noticed it in your kextcache output:
kxld[as.vit9696.WhateverGreen]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[as.vit9696.WhateverGreen]: _lilu_os_log
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for as.vit9696.WhateverGreen; omitting from prelinked kernel.

You must insure you install the latest of Lilu and plugins.

Your ioreg shows AppleSmartPS2TouchPad working.

Your Lilu and plugins are mismatched. You should have noticed it in your kextcache output:
kxld[as.vit9696.WhateverGreen]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[as.vit9696.WhateverGreen]: _lilu_os_log
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for as.vit9696.WhateverGreen; omitting from prelinked kernel.

You must insure you install the latest of Lilu and plugins.
Yeah, you was right, I took too old kexts. Now Keyboard working, but touchpad, double caps and sleep not.

//Edit
Clover didn't give me option to remove -v (when I unchecked it, it didn't work). After unchecking this option in clover, keyboard and touchpad working. A little bit weird.

Attachments

• debug_30875.zip
    3 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Yeah, you was right, I took too old kexts. Now Keyboard working, but touchpad, double caps and sleep not.

The caps lock problem is something I worked around a long time ago in my PS2 kext.
No idea what the author of closed source ApplePS2SmartTouchPad is doing. Maybe you don't have the current version?

//Edit
Clover didn't give me option to remove -v (when I unchecked it, it didn't work). After unchecking this option in clover, keyboard and touchpad working. A little bit weird.

Verbose boot is available from the menu that results from pressing the space bar.

The caps lock problem is something I worked around a long time ago in my PS2 kext.
No idea what the author of closed source ApplePS2SmartTouchPad is doing. Maybe you don't have the current version?
Changed to beta version and now it's working. Thanks ^^

Verbose boot is available from the menu that results from pressing the space bar.
I know, but it wasn't working correctly like before. Looks like bug or something.

BTW Is there any solution for main sleep/wake problem?

Last edited:
I know, but it wasn't working correctly like before. Looks like bug or something.

No such issue here.

BTW Is there any solution for main sleep/wake problem?

You will need to describe it in detail and attach PR files as requested in the FAQ.

No such issue here.

You will need to describe it in detail and attach PR files as requested in the FAQ.
When i sleep laptop, it takes 30 sec to turn keyboard backlight off and turn on sleep light on power button. After 2 sec, keyboard lights turning on, but display is still black. When I don't touch anything, after 30 sec, situation repeats (backlight off for 2 sec). I can move mouse in this state, nothing happens. But if I wake it by clicking any button, it instantly backlight screen with moved mouse pointer.

Now I also see, that keyboard and touchpad not always working. Russian roulette...

Attachments

• debug_2076.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 58
When i sleep laptop, it takes 30 sec to turn keyboard backlight off and turn on sleep light on power button. After 2 sec, keyboard lights turning on, but display is still black. When I don't touch anything, after 30 sec, situation repeats (backlight off for 2 sec). I can move mouse in this state, nothing happens. But if I wake it by clicking any button, it instantly backlight screen with moved mouse pointer.

Now I also see, that keyboard and touchpad not always working. Russian roulette...

Sounds like instant wake. You didn't patch for it.

See ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back