Contribute
Register

MSI GE62 6QD Apache Pro (cpus=1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank your reply, I try install High Sierra but it’s imposible for me.

if you could upload a clover for sierra in which the intel hd530 works, I would appreciate it very much

Do Nvidia gtx 965m work with nvidia web driver?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

I finally managed to install high sierra, but as much as I've tried I can not get sound and brightness control doesn’t work, any ideas? Thank you!

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Hey, Smizlee. You are absolutely correct! the 960M will not work, ever. But I just bypassed that using the SSDT - DiscreteSpoof.aml (I'll upload all my DSDT's for this laptop I use in a bit.) My Keyboard lights up as well (shout out to animerocks3333 over at insanelymac), so that is a pretty cool thing. To get audio to work, use AppleALC and patch it for Codec 898, use Audio ID 1.

Oh before I forget, that CPUS=7 issue is all fixed using the latest bios update from MSI.

Make sure that you have this Exact laptop and they match the specs in my Profile.

EDIT: I also have this Laptop dual booted on where Windows is on 1 TB, Mac is on 1 TB and I have 1 TB of space in between for them to share files back and forth, it's pretty sick what this thing can do. The Benchmarks are also comparable to other Macbooks of the time.

View attachment 315001 View attachment 315002

oh wow.. found your post.. me have almost the same MSI spec MSI GE62 6QC been trying to load to install High sierra(can load clover but fail to boot to install) will try your clover.. also will update BIOS before install.. i think mine BIOS is still E16J5IMS.106..

oh wow.. found your post.. me have almost the same MSI spec MSI GE62 6QC been trying to load to install High sierra(can load clover but fail to boot to install) will try your clover.. also will update BIOS before install.. i think mine BIOS is still E16J5IMS.106..
Hey, Jack, let me know how it goes (sorry for late response, been busy). It's nice to actually see other GE62 users on here. I guess some people give up altogether when trying to Hackintosh this machine due to the various issues that arise when trying to. I've since deinstalled OSX, but I'm about to reinstall it on a 2 TB drive (figured that's enough space ;) ) Gonna test out and see if I can fix other issues.
I finally managed to install high sierra, but as much as I've tried I can not get sound and brightness control doesn’t work, any ideas? Thank you!
Let me know how you've come along. I can help where ever. Typically sound and brightness have to do with patching the DSDT and installing the appropriate kexts. post an output of your kexts folder and let me see your DSDT to see if you've patched it correctly.

Hey, how is your battery life with this hackintosh?

Also, can I use the resources you provided when you was fixing the hackintosh to use all of the cores? I want to make a guide on how to install high Sierra on this laptop specifically. I will shout you out on the guide for finding a way to utilize all the cores.

Also, can I use the resources you provided when you was fixing the hackintosh to use all of the cores? I want to make a guide on how to install high Sierra on this laptop specifically. I will shout you out on the guide for finding a way to utilize all the cores.
Sorry for late response, busy with work (as always). You can go ahead and use any resources I provided, provided you give credit where credit is due. No need to mention me at all. I like to stay in the background as best as possible.

To fix all the cores, all you have to do is update to the latest bios update, it's that simple!

here is a quick update.. swap in a new wifi+bt card.. do note the size as the GE62 has a tight space for the wifi+bt card.. read all about it here MSI GE62 6QC Wifi compatible replacement

had been running 10.13.5.. now got new 10.13.6 update.. yet to install (maybe install this weekend)..

also i had remove CDROM to install a CDROM caddy hdd (to run OSX).. i use a 120GB SSD (transcend ssd220s)

Last edited:
here is a quick update.. swap in a new wifi+bt card.. do note the size as the GE62 has a tight space for the wifi+bt card.. read all about it here MSI GE62 6QC Wifi compatible replacement

had been running 10.13.5.. now got new 10.13.6 update.. yet to install (maybe install this weekend)..

also i had remove CDROM to install a CDROM caddy hdd (to run OSX).. i use a 120GB SSD (transcend ssd220s)

Glad you did that! A few months ago I grabbed a Broadcom card. NGFF is the correct size for the MSI GE62... so go with NGFF, but just make sure they are compatible with OSX, since that is the most important part. I have 2 HDD's and 1 SSD in my MSI GE62.
2 2TB HDD (one in the normal bay, and one in a caddy)
1 1TB nvme SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back