Contribute
Register

MSI GE62 6QD Apache Pro (cpus=1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, here it is my new Clover setup. Hopefully I didn't forget anything. The DSDT is an error free (but with warnings) original (non-edited) that was extracted using Clover awhile ago (surprisingly there were no errors from when it was extracted). I'm not worried about graphics as I am able to play games (Grand Theft Auto III - San Andreas) on my OS X partition. I am curious as to what to do about OS X only booting on cpus=1, 3, 4. Currently using cpus=4. (My HP Probook 6450b was easier to hackintosh than this thing!!)

I think cpus=4 is the correct setting. That is, I don't think we count hyperthread CPUs here. That is a bit of a guess though... I would be wrong.

Can you boot without it?

Note: No sense in putting DSDT.aml in ACPI/patched if it has no patches.

Note 2: drivers64UEFI and kexts still not according to the guide.

I think cpus=4 is the correct setting. That is, I don't think we count hyperthread CPUs here. That is a bit of a guess though... I would be wrong.

Can you boot without it?

Note: No sense in putting DSDT.aml in ACPI/patched if it has no patches.

Note 2: drivers64UEFI and kexts still not according to the guide.
The Graphics don't seem to work without it (for whatever reason, beats me).
and are you saying that I should get rid of OsxAptioFix2Drv in place of OsxAptioFixDrv? and I have the Guide for Clover open right now (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/) and it is saying to copy kexts into the 'Other' folder.

The Graphics don't seem to work without it (for whatever reason, beats me).

Attach "Problem Reporting" files in that scenario.

and are you saying that I should get rid of OsxAptioFix2Drv in place of OsxAptioFixDrv? and I have the Guide for Clover open right now (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/) and it is saying to copy kexts into the 'Other' folder.

The guide recommends OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi over OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (eg. only use Fix2 if needed).
And yes, the guide has specific recommendations regarding EFI/Clover/kexts.

So I'm uploading a my current clover config. With all settings left where they are, I remove the cpus=4 from the boot arguments at boot. I'll show you a screenshot as soon as I'm finished with this message (I'm tethering my phone, no wifi drivers [AC-3165] yet), upon booting it gets to Waiting for DSMOS.... (or something like that) and that is where that goes, just there and no farther. So I don't know. I also removed all the kexts from other, since they were all installed already in the L\E

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 85
Here is the screenshot, hopefully I can figure this out, if not, I'll just have to live with that setting...

Attachments

• IMG_20170221_204330.jpg
    IMG_20170221_204330.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 111
Here is the screenshot, hopefully I can figure this out, if not, I'll just have to live with that setting...

"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading.

You have no kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts. FakeSMC.kext is required.
cpus=4 is still present in config.plist, so that can't be related.

"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading.

You have no kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts. FakeSMC.kext is required.
cpus=4 is still present in config.plist, so that can't be related.
I remove it at boot (cpus=4) before actually selecting the OS X partition. I'll add FakeSMC to the Kexts folder. Is it directly or am I putting it in Others?

I remove it at boot (cpus=4) before actually selecting the OS X partition. I'll add FakeSMC to the Kexts folder. Is it directly or am I putting it in Others?

Strange...
Must be a BIOS or BIOS setting issue...
Clover does not load kexts from EFI/Clover/kexts. Only EFI/Clover/kexts/Other and EFI/Clover/kexts/version-specific-dir

Make sure you only use FakeSMC.kext, not the plugins.

Well, I was able to get it to boot using VoodooTscSync, modified it from saying 11 to 7, rebooted, it booted fine. But when I logged in the system froze. Origin Games didn't even get a chance to load. I'm going to check my Bios settings like you said and see if I can do anything there.

Well, I was able to get it to boot using VoodooTscSync, modified it from saying 11 to 7, rebooted, it booted fine. But when I logged in the system froze. Origin Games didn't even get a chance to load. I'm going to check my Bios settings like you said and see if I can do anything there.

You should not need VoodooTSCSync.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back