Contribute
Register

MSI G45 Z87 GAMING [Mac OS High Sierra guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to get it fully working thanks to your advices, except :
- I didn't patch the bios (mine is 1.4), when I tried my pc froze, and it works like a charm in 1.4
- I copied the EFI directory of my usb stick on the EFI partition of my SSD (couldn't boot with your method, maybe I did something wrong)

Currently working on mine, based on this setup as I have a similar one.
As for the bios upgrade, I suggest:
- backup settings on USB if possible
- backup your bios in case of emergency
- reset all setting from your MB and reboot to UEFI
- upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5 to 1.6 and etc ...
I remember having issue with upgrading, I resetted the bios by removing the battery on the MB if I'm correct (it was like 2 years ago)

EDIT: installing NVidia drivers (latest) does not work on a freshly updated MacOS High Sierra
This script helps
Code:
bash <(curl -s https://vulgo.github.io/webdriver) 387.10.10.10.40.127

Last edited:
how to make it support H.265/HEVC encode?

Thanks! The (stick) installation works but at the 2nd reboot hangs or froze the pc.

You need to launch Clover bootloader again after the reboot and then select your HDD (not the USB Installer) and the installation will continue.
Double check that you set UEFI ONLY on boot section in bios, and not UEFI+Legacy.

Edit: I just finished configuring my build using this excellent guide. Thanks a lot! Everything is working great.

I'm attaching my clover folder in case anyone need it. There are some kexts that I'm not using, like NVIDIA ones, but I let them in the folder just in case I add one later

MSI z87 G45 Gaming
Intel core i7 4770K
16GB DDR3
Onboard graphics.
SSD Crucial 240gb

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Has anyone been able to get this upgraded to Mojave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back