Graphics
Intel HD 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is a barebone mini PC kit with a Intel Core i5-5200U (Broadwell) / HD5500. Specs can be found here http://us.msi.com/product/barebone/Cubi-Mini-PC-Kit.html#hero-specification&sku_no=434

I added 16GB (2x8GB) of DDR3L RAM, and 2 SSDs (1 mSATA, 1 2.5" SSD). The kit is hooked to my Dell U2415 via DisplayPort. Dualbooting Windows 10 and MAC OS X (each on its own separate harddrive).

Everything is working nicely, except Wi-FI.

Basically, I followed this installation guide [Guide] El Capitan on the Intel Broadwell NUC except:

* This kit has a BIOS (non-UEFI) motherboard. When creating the uniBeast Bootable USB Drive, select Legacy Boot Mode for the bootloader option.

* The BIOS settings are very limited for this kit. All I did was making sure the Windows 8/8.1 configuration is disabled. and wake on LAN for S4 and S5 are also disabled.

* Also in BIOS, set your boot order to USB key first, or, you can also press F11 to select the boot device.

* Copy multiBeast, Clove Configurator and EFI Mounter V3 to the USB when you done creating the boot drive. They will come in handy later when setting up the OS.

* Boot from your USB drive, at the Clove boot screen, go to "options", then go to the Fix DSDT options, uncheck everything. If you don't you will get a kernel panic message. Now you can boot the MAC OSX from USB to start the installation. Make sure every time you reboot you have to uncheck the DSDT options. We will make them permanent late.

* Once the installation is completed, and time to run multiBeast. Again, select Legacy Boot Mode. Here is the full configuration I selected. Don't worry about the system definition part, we will change it later in Clove Configurator.

Quick Start > Legacy Boot Mode
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC283 (BRIX Pro and NUC only) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.18.1394

Drivers > Network > Realtek > RealtekRTL8111 v2.0.0 Bootloaders > Clover v2.3k r3320 Legacy Boot Mode Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1

* Do not use the SSDT zip and config.plist from the installation guide above, as mentioned in its Post-Installation Configuration section. Once multiBeast done with its installation, it will have the EFI partition mounted and showing up on the desktop. If you do not see the EFI mounted, use the EFI Mounter to do the mounting. I use it to mount the EFI every time I want to change config.plist.

* Bring up Clove Configurator, then use File-Open to load the file EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.

* Follow Step 16 of the Post-Installation Configuration from the installation guide to set boot volume to your newly installed OSX drive and the 'real' system definition.

* Still in Clove Configurator. go to Acpi, check AddDTGP and FixIPIC. This makes the DSDT options permanant.

* File, Save. Close Clove Configurator. Eject the USB. Remove the USB Drive. Reboot. It now should boot from your OSX HD.

* At this point, everything should work. Ethernet, sound, and bluetooth. Except Wi-Fi, there is no fix for this yet. You will also notice the graphic is pretty bad. This is due to the VRAM allocated for the HD5500 is only 8 MB.

* To fix the graphic issue. Mount EFT with EFI Mounter. Bring up Clove Configurator. Open Config.plist. Now go to Graphics, check Inject Intel, then paste this 0x16160002 into the ig-platform-id field. This will change the VRAM allocation to 1536 MB. File, Save. Reboot. Your display should work smoothly now.

This is it.

Screen Shot 2016-01-01 at 5.45.50 PM.png

Thanks. I saw your post a little too late tho. Some youtube video worked for me where he edited the AppleIntel file. Im up and running now. If I have to rebuild Ill do it your way.

You can help on the clover config side. What setting did you use? I want to be able to log into the app store and possibly use imessage without locking out my other hackintosh that works perfectly.

Thank you very much, installed on a Cubi 011 Broadwell , everything works , 128GB mSATA trencend + 2to + 8gb , thank you very much for your help.
i am french, good job USA :)

Finally I can not change the definition of mac pro macbook air to 7.2, I do not understand the tutorial 16/17 parties, the history of zero 4 ...
And sound by hdmi I do not, only the jack works, a little help? thank you

Hello!

I wonder if that instalation would work with the
[h=1]Cubi-010BEU Intel i3-5005U[/h]
https://www.amazon.es/MSI-Cubi-010BEU-Barebón-sobremesa-Graphics/dp/B00ZC431X2

Thank you!
Best!

Just in case anyone is using this in the future.
I have successfully used this guide with the i3 version of the cubi: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856167086
I also purchased and installed the Dell DW1560 m.2 card separately and followed the dw1560 instructions from the original nuc guide the author mentions above. Both bluetooth & wifi work great so I now have a fully functional Hackintosh mini.
msi-cubi-i3.png

i dont get QE/CI running. the graphics as such display fine while booting on my 4K monitor,
but as soon as i login, graphics updates are very slow and buggy (looks like window curtains
being pulled up). i tried to the setup_var thing and also patching AppleIntelBDW... directly,
but both does not seem to make it work. i also seem to have a probably different intel hd 5500?
its id is 1616:0009, and if i add 0x16160002 like above to config.plist i get an kernel panic.
0x16160009 works nice though. anyone an idea or a solution? thanks in advance, also for the
tutorial!

Hi, I managed to install El Capitan on my Cubi-003BUS thanks to this guide. Just struggled a bit at the beginning because of KPs caused by the unsupported CPU.
So if you have this model with the Intel Celeron 3205U just enter manually the FakeCPUId 0x0306A0 and -xcpm flags at installation until you are able to make them permanent with Clover Configurator.
Everything works but WiFi (as expected). As soon as I will receive the DW1560 card that I bought on eBay, I will swap the Intel and WiFi should work too.

Got the i3-variant of this machine and the guide worked. A couple of things were slightly different than the guide, but I forgot to document them. Install time took a bit longer than expected, so be patient when installing the first time.

I also got the BCM94352Z. Followed the RehabMan guid on installing the kext and it worked fine, so now bluetooth and wifi both work.

Hey guys, I have the Cubi i5 version. Mine works fine but I didnt update past 10.11.3 until now. I saved my 10.11.3 and it works fine with graphics and 1530 something megs of video ram. When I updated with the combo update to 10.11.6 so I can stay current with xcode and stuff, now I get a kernal panic unless I boot in safe mode. the panic is related to the appleIntelBDWframwork file. I even copied the working one from 10.11.3 to my updated S/L/E folder. It went from 8mg to 1530 mg video ram but I still get the very slow curtain like graphics and still panics without safe mode. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back