Contribute
Register

MSI 9 Series Motherboards - OS X Setup and Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tested your ram with memtest86? That's the first place I would start. Also, make sure you have the dimms installed in the proper slots for 2 sticks...consult the manual.

Hey, thanks for the advice.
I checked both 4gb sticks with memtest and they were ok.
First I could only to get it to run with one stick.
Then I tried all different combinations and it only worked when populated in slot 1 and 3!
Not as mentioned in slot 2 and 4 in the book. Strange. But I runs very stable now.
Don´t know what it`ll do with 4 sticks though. Will find out.

EDIT:
Now I do get freezes. I will open another thread on this topic.
I thought I was safe, when I used the recommended crucial sticks.
Will have to try different ones.

So after a few days I figure that the issue was the processor. For some reason it doesn't like this processor. I put a 4770 and if works flawlessly

wich one were you using before?

Hey, thanks for the advice.
I checked both 4gb sticks with memtest and they were ok.
First I could only to get it to run with one stick.
Then I tried all different combinations and it only worked when populated in slot 1 and 3!
Not as mentioned in slot 2 and 4 in the book. Strange. But I runs very stable now.
Don´t know what it`ll do with 4 sticks though. Will find out.

EDIT:
Now I do get freezes. I will open another thread on this topic.
I thought I was safe, when I used the recommended crucial sticks.
Will have to try different ones.

I'll bet you have bad ram but another common problem is power supplies. Are you using a good quality unit?

I'll bet you have bad ram but another common problem is power supplies. Are you using a good quality unit?

I was just asking that in another post.
I´m using an older one that I know is supposedly not 100% haswell compatible.
As I said, I checked the sticks w memtest, and each of them shows ok and works, but just not both together.
That PSU might be the problem...

I know I can check voltages in the bios...

I was just asking that in another post.
I´m using an older one that I know is supposedly not 100% haswell compatible.
As I said, I checked the sticks w memtest, and each of them shows ok and works, but just not both together.
That PSU might be the problem...

I know I can check voltages in the bios...

They should be able to pass memtest together (with all slots populated or 1). You've definitely got something funky going on. Most likely ram, power supply or perhaps the motherboard. You just have to eliminate each possibility.

They should be able to pass memtest together (with all slots populated or 1). You've definitely got something funky going on. Most likely ram, power supply or perhaps the motherboard. You just have to eliminate each possibility.

Both passed the test together.
Will try a new PSU now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back