Contribute
Register

MSI 9 Series Motherboards - OS X Setup and Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there I have an MSI Z170A Gaming M7 and an EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 graphics card.

When starting up I often get a prohibition sign twice in a row. At the third start everything goes smoothly.
Is it possible to improve my configuration in the Bios?

[x] Advanced \ Integrated Peripherals → Network Stack : [Disabled]
[x] Advanced \Integrated Peripherals → Intel Serial IO : [Disabled]
[x] Advanced \ USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off : [Enabled]
[x] Advanced \ USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support : [Auto]
[x] Advanced \ Windows OS Configuration → MSI Fast Boot : [Disabled]
[x] Advanced \ Windows OS Configuration → Fast Boot : [Disabled]
[x] Advanced \ Windows OS Configuration → Secure Boot Mode : [Disabled]
[x] Overclocking → Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P) : [Enabled]
[x] Overclocking \ CPU Features → Intel Virtualization Tech : [Enabled]
[x] Overclocking \ CPU Features → Intel VT-D Tech : [Disabled]
[x] Boot → Boot mode select : [LEGACY+UEFI]
[x] Settings \ Full Screen Logo Display : [Disabled]
[x] Overclocking \ CPU Features → Intel C-State : [Enabled]
[x] Overclocking \ CPU Features → C1E Support : [Enabled]
[x] Overclocking \ CPU Features → CFG-Lock : [Disabled]

@DanvZ, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Sorry. It's done. - That with the profile. the question about bios configuration is still unanswered.

Last edited:
Well if anyone is following this thread, save yourself the grief and get a Gigabyte motherboard. I had one and it had defective pins on the processor socket, they were out of stock so they swapped it out for an MSI 270 Mortar and I have been fighting with it for weeks now to get it working. If I can't get it to work in the next week, I am buying a Gigabyte. I am following various routes described in several threads here but wanted to post this just in case since I was looking here for answers too.

Well if anyone is following this thread, save yourself the grief and get a Gigabyte motherboard. I had one and it had defective pins on the processor socket, they were out of stock so they swapped it out for an MSI 270 Mortar and I have been fighting with it for weeks now to get it working. If I can't get it to work in the next week, I am buying a Gigabyte. I am following various routes described in several threads here but wanted to post this just in case since I was looking here for answers too.
I totally agree with @MotionC , I'm new to Hackintosh build, but I regret so much that I purchased the MSI Motherboard. For my son that uses the PC for gaming on Windows 10 it runs fine but for Hackintosh, I've had all the problems you can have. Don't buy MSI Motherboard!

hi i'm new to hackintosh please help me

my motherboard is MSI H110M PRO VH PLUS

is the BIOS settings same?

Wish I could answer that Kelvin but I don't know. Try them and see.

Hi,

I am trying to install Mojave on Z370-A Pro with I7 and GTX 1080.
During bootup the Apple logo turns into a white deny sign.
What can i do in order to fix it?

Hi,

I am trying to install Mojave on Z370-A Pro with I7 and GTX 1080.
During bootup the Apple logo turns into a white deny sign.
What can i do in order to fix it?

Off topic - this thread is for much older Intel 9 series hardware - you have 300 series hardware. Please fill out your hardware information for Motherboard, CPU and graphics. TIA.

Mojave Desktop support is the part of the forum that folk try to attempt to help users having problems installing Mojave. You cannot install Mojave with an Nvidia GTX 1080. The best option would be High Sierra as Nvidia provide drivers for a GTX 1080 for this version of macOS.

So if I have a z370 Msi motherboard, do I download UEFI mode or legacy mode for unibeast and mutibeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back