Contribute
Register

Mr Eddy's Photo Station - GA-Z77X-UD5H | i7-3770k | MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you do anything different to get USB 3.0 working and what revision of the board do you have 1.1 or 1.0?

Thanks Mate

Thanks for the guide. Much appreciated. I used this and have similar config (except went for 3570 / gtx 670)

On sleep issues: I went ahead and upgrade to latest beta (I think F15Q?), it resolved the issue that BIOS got corrupted sometime after sleep.

Second, I tried darkwake=10 Now the computer comes to full sleep at idle.

Remaining issue: After daily reboot at morning before coffee, if I leave the screen at login screen and the computer goes to sleep, the computer crashes after login (lots of errors in console).

Still experimenting. Getting better every day.

I'm not using a beta BIIOS but the F14 one. And I never got any corrupted BIOS... You could downgrade it to try ?

For autosleep, I'm using darkwake=no. It's perfectly working, but you need to be patient. For some reason, it's not scheduling sleep after the exact timing we set it in Pref pane. I assume it's due to some process that are still running even when we stop using our computer, which may delay the moment it begins the timer.

Your erros on login screen may be related to your beta BIOS by the way.

For info, the rear eSATA is not working anymore... Don't know why, maybe it's related to the bootloader ? (using Chimera r2171 to fix iMessages)
If anyone is experiencing the same problem, would be pleased to share some information and see if there is a fix.

I've managed to mount a disk plugged before starting my hack, but it did'nt work a second time, so I'm not sure how reliable this "technique" is.

What I know for sure, is that I was able to hot plug my external eSATA disks, and it's not possible anymore. Very frustrating since it doesn't provide USB 3, so I'm stuck with USB 2 to do my backups... pretty much slow :thumbdown:

speedstep,airplay works?
system works steadily?
all functions work? :)

Lovandos > I think DBP answered your question in the meantime :)

orriol > Sorry, but you're asking how CPU PLL Voltage fixed auto sleep ? Or If it fixed auto sleep ? How is difficult to explain, but for "if", my answer is yes !

iMessage login is fixed with Chimera 2.0 as you may already know.

What you may not know is that it also fixed eSATA on GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard. In fact, it didn't fix it, since this was perfectly working on my original installation. But by using another boot loader (Chameleon r2171) for some reason, I wasn't able to hot plug eSATA disks anymore. And eSATA's speed is very useful when you have loads of RAW photos and other files to backup on a regular basis ! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back