Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare-OC
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Hi,

I have a BCM94360CD Wifi Adapter (PCIe) that is only getting 100MB/s on a 400MB/s connection. My iPhone 11 gets 150MB/s when sitting right next to it, and 450MB/s on the other side of the room (14 feet away..). So I need to move my Wifi Adapter Card to the 450MB/s spot.

Is there a way I can put my PCIe Wifi Adapter in a dock/chassis, move it to the other side of the room, and connect it to my computer via Ethernet or PCIe card?

Alternatively, any wall-powered WiFi adapter that has Ethernet out to my computer.

I've tried Powerline and it isn't fast enough.

Thanks in advance!

Usually the extension is done with coax cable for the antenna.

However, there are also some wifi to Ethernet bridge devices you can get. I use one on a printer I have that's Ethernet only. If you can find one that's rated for the speeds you need, then I think that would also work fine.

That's very helpful, thank you.

I just grabbed my previous ASUS router and am using it in Repeater mode, which is giving me full speeds (a 4x improvement!). It's not graceful – I now have two extra SSID's that I'll never use and can't seem to disable – but a temporary solution until I find a proper ethernet bridge, which I will now look for.

Thanks again :wave:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back