CPU
I7 2600K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm considering moving my OSX install to an SSD. Would you guys recommend simply cloning my current install of 10.9.5 using SuperDuper and then cloning onto the SSD, or would it be a better idea to install everything fresh. This install is only around 1 month old, by the way, as I did something stupid with my previous install and screwed it all up, forcing me to reinstall (this is how i discovered super duper).

Anyone have any advice?

I'm considering moving my OSX install to an SSD. Would you guys recommend simply cloning my current install of 10.9.5 using SuperDuper and then cloning onto the SSD, or would it be a better idea to install everything fresh. This install is only around 1 month old, by the way, as I did something stupid with my previous install and screwed it all up, forcing me to reinstall (this is how i discovered super duper).

I would prefer a clean install instead, thats what I did with both OS X and Win 8.1pro in my system. Some one here did suggest, its better to clone SSD to SSD than HDD to SSD, I think something to do with different READ/WRITE properties of the two types.
Which ever way you choose, Good luck.

I would prefer a clean install instead, thats what I did with both OS X and Win 8.1pro in my system. Some one here did suggest, its better to clone SSD to SSD than HDD to SSD, I think something to do with different READ/WRITE properties of the two types.
Which ever way you choose, Good luck.

I just made the jump, and I chose to simply clone the drive and reinstall if anything seemed off. However, performance is great, I'm getting what others are getting under OS X using the BlackMagic benchmark, and overall, I am loving the experience. I think the install from scratch philosophy is better fitted for Windows or if your OSX install is old, but mine was only a month old so my experience has been without trouble. The only thing I regret is not doing it earlier, as I already had an SSD for my Win 7 install and knew how good the experience would be in OSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back