CPU
Intel i7-4790K 8m Cache 4.4GHz
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm currently running Yosemite with multi beast and Windows 8. I would like to leave the Yosemite SSD alone and install El Captain on a new SSD drive. I'm running a Gigabyte Z97x-UD5H Motherboard with 16K of Ram. What is the best way to do this? I'm wondering how the boot sequence when I move to Clover instead of multi beast, how does this effect the boot selection of the drives at startup?
Thank you,
John

If you are dual booting Windows and Yosemite using Chimera as your boot loader, then your best path forward, assuming you want to keep your current setup and have minimal changes, is to clean install El Capitan to the new SSD and install Clover in Legacy mode. Once installed, boot to BIOS and set the El Capitan as first in boot drive order, using Clover to boot the Yosemite and Windows drives. Chimera will not boot El Capitan.

If you are dual booting Windows and Yosemite using Chimera as your boot loader, then your best path forward, assuming you want to keep your current setup and have minimal changes, is to clean install El Capitan to the new SSD and install Clover in Legacy mode. Once installed, boot to BIOS and set the El Capitan as first in boot drive order, using Clover to boot the Yosemite and Windows drives. Chimera will not boot El Capitan.
Thank you, I will work on it this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back