12. Plus
  13. Power Mac
  14. PowerBook
  15. Quadra
  16. SE
  17. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After many years I decided to move back to a real Mac. I booted it up, allowed Catalina to install and then migrated my user account from my Hackintosh via a Time Machine Backup. It seems that some Clover stuff must have been migrated too because I now have a number of issues. In particular, whenever I try to do a system update it always hangs in the middle and never completes. I have to wipe the drive and do a clean install of the latest updated OS, then do the migration from the last Time Machine backup. Extremely frustrating! Can someone verify if Clover stuff is indeed embedded in a user account? If so, what do I have to look for and delete? Any other suggestions? I could rebuild everything from scratch but that's a LOT of work!

After many years I decided to move back to a real Mac. I booted it up, allowed Catalina to install and then migrated my user account from my Hackintosh via a Time Machine Backup. It seems that some Clover stuff must have been migrated too because I now have a number of issues. In particular, whenever I try to do a system update it always hangs in the middle and never completes. I have to wipe the drive and do a clean install of the latest updated OS, then do the migration from the last Time Machine backup. Extremely frustrating! Can someone verify if Clover stuff is indeed embedded in a user account? If so, what do I have to look for and delete? Any other suggestions? I could rebuild everything from scratch but that's a LOT of work!
clover lives in your EFI, mount your EFI and remove any "clover"

It may also depend on how your hacintosh was configured/built. Did you only put kexts in clover or did you have some stuff in le/sle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back