Motherboard
hackentosh
CPU
Graphics
pl
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I thought at first it was a resolution issue but apparently it's deeper than that. I have a slightly older motherboard but it still has 16x PCIe, 500w power supply(so not too little power) but when I insert the Radeon RX570 I can get load screens both for clover and MacOS but once I get to the "real" video loading screen I don't get anything at all. One of my monitors gave me a message that the resolution was off, I tried connecting to my 4k tv just to rule out too little resolution and nothing. I've tried it with Mojave primarily but I even tried loading into the High Sierra boot loader/installer with no luck. I've done the inject ATI argument in clover and tried to do the NoID thing, no change. I don't have any issue using my older Nvidia card but it isn't supported by Mojave at full resolution so I was trying to upgrade my video card to compensate, so far no joy. Any specific assistance you might be able to offer would be very much appreciated.

Thoughts I have on items it might be are specific bios settings I don't know to adjust, specific arguments injected into the config file to compensate for the type of card it is, things like that.