GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

After almost completely having a flawless OS X experience on my PC which is as follows:

Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
Intel Sandy Bridge i5 2500K
EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD
G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3

The only problem I'm experiencing right now is that the mouse cursor skips at certain points, if I'm correct, people have guided me to understanding this happens due to the change of speed on the GPU causing the mouse to kinda like lag and jump in specific occasions, it doesn't happen all the time but it's really annoying.

Currently I'm using the iMac12,2 profile which is the closet to what I have and has ran much better than MacPro3,1 in gaming and general OS animations performance. If I were able to fix the mouse issue I think I can say I'm having a perfect install.

Help is greatly appreciated!

I just tried switching to the MacMini5,1 profile and adding to the Machines/Mac-8ED6AF5B48C039E1 the Vendor10deDevice1086 with Heuristic = 0 and control-id = 17 and OS X wouldn't boot. Had to go through single user mode and restore a working .kext.

Any idea why this would be happening? Should I just use the Macmini5,1 plist without the Vendor10deDevice1086 or is there some other way to have GPU power management working correctly with a 570 HD and Sandy Bridge i5?

I worked on a similar setup just today.

What worked for me was to do the following:

10.8.5 Supplemental Update
New Nvidia drivers for this update
Deleted AGPM.kext
Set Macpro5,1 profile

The newest Nvidia drivers did power management for the gpu quite well, i saw the states going up and down as they should.

That was sandy bridge chip too; even the Etron USB3 worked flawlessly as well, which is a first for the board I was using.

I wouldnt suggest you delete AGPM.kext but simply move or rename it, if the above is something you might wanna try. If the Nvidia drivers are power managing your gpu correctly and you are not using the inbuilt gpu as well, theres little benefit to be gained from AGPM anyway.

The usb mouse is working flawlessly of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back