i7 > need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If I open the mouse preference pane it crashes. I get the message “System Preferences quit unexpectedly.”
If I turn off the mouse I can open the mouse preference pane with my trackpad but as soon as I turn on the mouse the pane crashes.
I have two magic mice and they both have the same effect and both mice work on my DVR that is running Yosemite. Both computers use a BCM94360CS2 Wifi AC and Bluetooth 4.0 card.
This problem just started. My mouse was moving erratically and I went to check the mouse settings.
Up until now I had a trouble free installation.
Back in November I had done a clean install and the pref pane was working then.

Things I’ve tried:
I deleted the mouse preferences
Deleted System preferences
Using Time Machine I replaced the mouse preference pane with a backup copy from March
Using Onyx I deleted all cache, repaired permissions, rebuilt launch services etc.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Update
My Logitech M555b Bluetooth mouse will open the mouse preference pane.
When the pane is open, if I turn on the Magic Mouse it quits unexpectedly.

Last edited:
If I open the mouse preference pane it crashes. I get the message “System Preferences quit unexpectedly.”
If I turn off the mouse I can open the mouse preference pane with my trackpad but as soon as I turn on the mouse the pane crashes.
I have two magic mice and they both have the same effect and both mice work on my DVR that is running Yosemite. Both computers use a BCM94360CS2 Wifi AC and Bluetooth 4.0 card.
This problem just started. My mouse was moving erratically and I went to check the mouse settings.
Up until now I had a trouble free installation.
Back in November I had done a clean install and the pref pane was working then.

Things I’ve tried:
I deleted the mouse preferences
Deleted System preferences
Using Time Machine I replaced the mouse preference pane with a backup copy from March
Using Onyx I deleted all cache, repaired permissions, rebuilt launch services etc.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Update
My Logitech M555b Bluetooth mouse will open the mouse preference pane.
When the pane is open, if I turn on the Magic Mouse it quits unexpectedly.

Im having the same issue myself. Have not figured out how to fix it. Keeping watch

I have the same issue with Sierra 10.12.5 and an IOgear adapter bluetooth 4.0.
When I try to open Mouse Preferences.. “System Preferences quit unexpectedly”

I copied com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse.plist and com.apple.driver.AppleHIDMouse.plist from my DVR to my Wally build. No cigar, mouse pref pane still crashes.
Using Pacifist I extracted the mouse pref pane from ElCapitan and replaced the Sierra mouse pref pane. Also no change, still crashes.

Now both the trackpad and mouse pref panes quit unexpectedly.
I guess I have to do a reinstall of Sierra.

From what I've seen Genuine Macs have the same issue. If i pair my Apple Magic Mouse 2 to my Apple MacBook, Mouse in System Preferences Crashes. Heres what id recommend doing is use Mouse Prefs from El Capitan to keep the same Settings.

From what i have seen reported so far, there is not a definite set pattern to what causes this. The fact it happens on real macs might be a good thing in a way because we know Apple will be on the case about it at some point.

Ok, I've solved with Mouse.prefPane picked from my MacBook Air (Sierra 10.12.4).
I've attached this file that I used, if it can help you :D
Tell me if you've solved

Attachments

• Mouse.prefPane.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 443
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back