Contribute
Register

Mouse pointer / Mouse cursor issues in Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to confirm that it must be a software issue. Switched from a 2012 MacBook Pro to a 2017 MacBook Pro (both Sierra) and transferred the bug to my new computer...

Just want to confirm that it must be a software issue. Switched from a 2012 MacBook Pro to a 2017 MacBook Pro (both Sierra) and transferred the bug to my new computer...
I don't think so. The 2012 MacBook Pro uses Intel HD Graphics 4000. The 2017 Mac Book Pro uses Radeon Pro 555 or Radeon Pro 560. The problem occurs only with Nvidia.

What display are you using? Can you post a photo of the problem? What OS version is each MacBook Pro using?

Hello, is the bug present in High Sierra as well ?

I haven't seen the issue since before High Sierra 17A405 and 378.10.10.10.15.117.

I'm using High Sierra 17A405 and 378.10.10.10.15.120 now.

I havn't seen anymore this bug since I installed High Sierra (GA-H170N + GTX960 + Dell UP2715K)

This issue made me crazy on Sierra...

Update: After days of use, I confirm that the bug is still present on High Sierra, but on my build it occurs much less than with Sierra.

Last edited:
Unfortunately yes
The bug is still present with macOS 10.13.1 and 10.13.2

This works every time and is a good temporary fix for me: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7701489
I went to System Preferences, Displays, selected the Dell Monitor, on the Color tab, specified the color calibrated settings that I want, upon returning to the desktop apps, the cursor was behaving normal. However, if the system was in sleep mode, there is no assurance that the cursor behavior is normal and I may have to repeat this process.

Last edited:
Hey All,

i have the same Issue on Mac OS Sierra with the Nvidia Web Drivers.

Is there any Solution for this?

@malfurion550, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back