Contribute
Register

Mouse pointer / Mouse cursor issues in Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update 10.12.2 - Still not resolved. Which means extremely low change of ever being fixed.

Same issue for me. Though I finally got this display working and very sad to see this issue. Seems to be affecting non hackintosh as well so hopefully we'll see a resolution.

Just wanted to push this thread up once again in hope anyone yet found a solution. It's really awful to still see these issues after two minor version releases of the OS and some gfx drivers updates.

The other day I had to do with screen recording and funnily noticed that the issue is totally not noticable in the recording though it was there while recording. At least a little bit of luck so I can use these recordings and don't have to throw them away.

Anyways. Using the Hack for anything precision is hard. 3D CAD, 2D Design - not really fun using both with this weird mouse pointer behaviour.

I'm not 100% sure but I noticed that the issue disappears if I sleep my display and I wake it again. It seems more reliable than a power cycle.

There are several ways to "reset" the pointer, but it can glitch out again at any point. Its not stable for any reasonable amount of time. IE it can happen in 2 seconds even after reset. Agreed its very difficult to do any precision work, heck its even hard to resize a window with the cursor issue.

Unfortunately as we know, Apple doesn't seem to give too much considerations to the professional users and artists. If it was in IOS it would be fixed tomorrow.

The fact that it occurs at the barrier of the MST screens, and the fact that the mouse cursor blends right at the junction seems like it COULD be a driver issue. Is everyone running a Nvida GFX card with this issue or has somone experienced this issue with like Intel Native graphics too? Though...... its sierra only and not in el capitan so... still seems like Apple's fault.

Yeah I too am running an nvidia 980ti macos sierra 10.12.3 on dell 5k and the cursor glitch is still there. super annoying does anyone know if the most recently released beta of 10.12.4 fixes this?

More talk about the cursor issue at #103

Under mission control, i changed the flag displays have separate spaces to off and it looks like it fixed it.
This fixed it but only until the screensaver kicked in.

Running Mac Pro 5,1 with Nvidia GTX1080 and Dell 5K UP2715K, latest 378.05.05 drivers

Last edited:
Currently my Workaround is to have a "Hot cornor" with "Put display to sleep"... it's faster then shutting the monitor off/on.
I now have a hot corner too and seems to fix it if i briefly activate it

Accesibility / Display / Uncheck [] Shake mouse pointer to locate.
This seems to fix the cursor issue for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back