Register

Mouse pointer / Mouse cursor issues in Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
Intel i5 4460
Graphics
GeForce 705 GT
Follow-up question: if I buy the Apple Corded Mouse, do you think that would solve the problem ?

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX TITAN X
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Follow-up question: if I buy the Apple Corded Mouse, do you think that would solve the problem ?
This is a software problem. It doesn't matter what hardware device you use to move the cursor on the screen.

CPU
3,7 GHz Intel Core i3
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Whenever the mouse cursor changes (like when you hover over the edge of a windows and get these double arrows or that single slim vertical line in a text field) it doesn't change back or only changes back in a weird way. It looks like this is primarily an optical problem as the click point still seems to be where it should be with the cursor that is intended do display at this point. The weird thing is that it's totally hard to do exact clicks in for example graphics software at this point.
Frank
Has anyone already fixed this?

CPU
3,7 GHz Intel Core i3
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
nope. only by switching back to 4k instead of 5k. Otherwise there's no Fix.
I have 21.5' LG (1080p) xD and my mouse killing me. It's terrible bug

Just want to confirm that it must be a software issue. Switched from a 2012 MacBook Pro to a 2017 MacBook Pro (both Sierra) and transferred the bug to my new computer...

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX TITAN X
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just want to confirm that it must be a software issue. Switched from a 2012 MacBook Pro to a 2017 MacBook Pro (both Sierra) and transferred the bug to my new computer...
I don't think so. The 2012 MacBook Pro uses Intel HD Graphics 4000. The 2017 Mac Book Pro uses Radeon Pro 555 or Radeon Pro 560. The problem occurs only with Nvidia.

What display are you using? Can you post a photo of the problem? What OS version is each MacBook Pro using?

CPU
Intel i5 4460
Graphics
GeForce 705 GT
Hello, is the bug present in High Sierra as well ?

Status
Not open for further replies.