Contribute
Register

Mouse pointer / Mouse cursor issues in Sierra

I have the exact same issue. It's due to the use of the Dell 5k display. Has anyone found a workaround?

I found a workaround on the Apple Community forum. Just unplug one of the mini-display connectors and plug it back in. Should work.

Motherboard
Z370 Gigabyte Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 56 + VII
Update 10.12.2 - Still not resolved. Which means extremely low change of ever being fixed.

Motherboard
DELL XPS 8700
CPU
Intel Core i7-4700
Graphics
EVGA Nvidia GTX 960 SSC 4GB
Same issue for me. Though I finally got this display working and very sad to see this issue. Seems to be affecting non hackintosh as well so hopefully we'll see a resolution.

Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just wanted to push this thread up once again in hope anyone yet found a solution. It's really awful to still see these issues after two minor version releases of the OS and some gfx drivers updates.

The other day I had to do with screen recording and funnily noticed that the issue is totally not noticable in the recording though it was there while recording. At least a little bit of luck so I can use these recordings and don't have to throw them away.

Anyways. Using the Hack for anything precision is hard. 3D CAD, 2D Design - not really fun using both with this weird mouse pointer behaviour.

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX970 G1 GAMING
Mac
MacBook Pro
I'm not 100% sure but I noticed that the issue disappears if I sleep my display and I wake it again. It seems more reliable than a power cycle.

Motherboard
DELL XPS 8700
CPU
Intel Core i7-4700
Graphics
EVGA Nvidia GTX 960 SSC 4GB
There are several ways to "reset" the pointer, but it can glitch out again at any point. Its not stable for any reasonable amount of time. IE it can happen in 2 seconds even after reset. Agreed its very difficult to do any precision work, heck its even hard to resize a window with the cursor issue.

Unfortunately as we know, Apple doesn't seem to give too much considerations to the professional users and artists. If it was in IOS it would be fixed tomorrow.

The fact that it occurs at the barrier of the MST screens, and the fact that the mouse cursor blends right at the junction seems like it COULD be a driver issue. Is everyone running a Nvida GFX card with this issue or has somone experienced this issue with like Intel Native graphics too? Though...... its sierra only and not in el capitan so... still seems like Apple's fault.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
Graphics
Radeon RX Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yeah I too am running an nvidia 980ti macos sierra 10.12.3 on dell 5k and the cursor glitch is still there. super annoying does anyone know if the most recently released beta of 10.12.4 fixes this?