Contribute
Register

Mouse LAG/FREEZE/HANG using new RT 5700 XT GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an IPS panel. The model is LG 27UK850. Mine was booting fine and have no lag without WEG but only one monitor displayed through DP. I'm running dual monitors so that does not work.

I am also running two monitors. How did you get the machine to work without WEG? Did you use -wegoff or did you delete the kext completely? Did you not run into the black screen after boot issue?

In VideoProc, does your GPU show in the settings?

It depends. I switched the iGPU back on and put it in headless mode so it shows in Video Proc. However, rendering remains much faster than in SMBIOS iMac19,2. Turning the iGPU on and off does not make a huge difference in rendering speeds. The reason I turned it back on was to get Sidecar to work. But it seems like it's simply not possible in iMacPro SMBIOS because of the missing T2 chip.

In terms of SMBIOS we compare 60fps (iMac) vs. 350fps (iMacPro) rendering speeds in 1080p HEVC.

I am also running two monitors. How did you get the machine to work without WEG? Did you use -wegoff or did you delete the kext completely? Did you not run into the black screen after boot issue?

I removed WEG, shikigva=80, agdpmod=pikera, boot up with two monitors connect to 1.2 Display Ports. Only one monitor displayed mac screen, the other one is just blacked out. Went to the system info and only one monitor is recognized. But one monitor did boot up and work fine, just not dual monitors. This is on 10.15.4 with imac 19,1 and igpu enable

I removed WEG, shikigva=80, agdpmod=pikera, boot up with two monitors connect to 1.2 Display Ports. Only one monitor displayed mac screen, the other one is just blacked out. Went to the system info and only one monitor is recognized. But one monitor did boot up and work fine, just not dual monitors. This is on 10.15.4 with imac 19,1 and igpu enable

I'll give it a shot and report back if I can get two monitors to work. But if you don't have the problem without WEG it's pointing towards a less than perfect WEG integration. As far as I understood, WEG also tells the system what ports are there to use on the GPU. So that might be the reason why only one would work in your case. It's weird though because the 5700 should be natively supported with all its ports.

It depends. I switched the iGPU back on and put it in headless mode so it shows in Video Proc. However, rendering remains much faster than in SMBIOS iMac19,2. Turning the iGPU on and off does not make a huge difference in rendering speeds. The reason I turned it back on was to get Sidecar to work. But it seems like it's simply not possible in iMacPro SMBIOS because of the missing T2 chip.

In terms of SMBIOS we compare 60fps (iMac) vs. 350fps (iMacPro) rendering speeds in 1080p HEVC.

Hmmm I’m only getting ~100 FPS in VideoProc (trial mode) and the graphics are shown as N/A unless I enable iGPU which then it shows Iris Pro. No matter what I do RX 5700 XT is not shown in VideoProc. I’ve tried with/without iGPU, WEG, RadeonBoost.kext, and SSDT-NAVI-5700.

I just upgraded the GPU from a GTX 970 and upgraded macOS so I am wondering if I’m missing something since changing GPUs.

Hmmm I’m only getting ~100 FPS in VideoProc

We would have to do the exact same render to compare the speed. I am actually not sure if the 5700 ever showed up in VP or if it just said "unknown" instead. My render was based on a 1080p conversion from ProRes to HEVC preset.

We would have to do the exact same render to compare the speed. I am actually not sure if the 5700 ever showed up in VP or if it just said "unknown" instead. My render was based on a 1080p conversion from ProRes to HEVC preset.

I’ve got a ProRes test file, I’ll give that a try and see what the results are. You have a much newer CPU than me so it might be CPU bound in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back