Contribute
Register

Mouse LAG/FREEZE/HANG using new RT 5700 XT GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Does it make any difference - performance wise - if you use WEG or not?
Is there a manual somewhere on how to setup 'Adder framebuffer injection'?
Also: I tried -wegoff as bootargument, but I got a black screen. Do I need to physically delete the kext? What about Lilu?

Having WEG does not make a difference for performance. For framebuffer injection see https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/amd-radeon-navi-gpu.264399/page-74. It starts on/about page 74 but there is lots of discussion later on. Currently I am using a SSDT and WEG.

For quick testing you can inject the device properties using Clover. To get the value for the PciRoot use Hackintool to copy the device path for your GPU.
Code:
<key>Devices</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>@0,AAPL,boot-display</key>
                <data>AQAAAA==</data>
                <key>@0,ATY,EFIDisplay</key>
                <string>DP1</string>
                <key>@0,compatible</key>
                <string>ATY,Adder</string>
                <key>@0,name</key>
                <string>ATY,Adder</string>
                <key>ATY,EFIVersion</key>
                <data>MDEuMDAuMzE4MA==</data>
                <key>device_type</key>
                <string>ATY,AdderParent</string>
                <key>model</key>
                <string>Radeon RX 5700 XT</string>
                <key>name</key>
                <string>ATY,AdderParent</string>
            </dict>
        </dict>

Credit goes to @mattystonnie

great, I will have a look. Would you recommend disabling iGPU and use iMacPro for better render speeds? There‘s so many opinions on that matter..

I use iMacPro1,1 but my Geekbench scores are the same with or without iGPU enabled.

I use iMacPro1,1 but my Geekbench scores are the same with or without iGPU enabled.

I read all the way through the post and to me it seems like the only thing this hack actually does is changing the Geekbench score :) The users who tested real life performance mentioned, that it made little to no difference. Even Luxmark scores stayed the same.

What did make a huge difference for me was using iMacPro1,1 instead of iMacX,X SMBIOS - it makes Adobe CC, Video Proc & Resolve encode with dGPU instead of iGPU.

So I just got my 5700 XT Pulse today and super excited to try it out. Immediately ran into the mouse and UI micro lag that you mention, hence why I'm here. I was running my Radeon VII up until this morning and never experienced this. I looked everywhere about this issue and some people experienced it but no one know why yet.

Currently running 10.15.4, iMac19,1. I'm connecting my dual LG 27inch 4k monitors through DP 1.2. Not sure what else to try. Some people said they did not experience this with 10.15.3, driver issue maybe?

Currently running 10.15.4, iMac19,1. I'm connecting my dual LG 27inch 4k monitors through DP 1.2. Not sure what else to try. Some people said they did not experience this with 10.15.3, driver issue maybe?

I had the same issue on a my old GA-Z77x-up5-th mobo with 3770K CPU. The only thing thar remained was the GPU and the monitor. Old system did not have the problem with the NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 GPU I used before. So I think the problem is not related to the mobo, chipset or CPU.

Similarities we share are 4k monitors using DDP 1.2. Did you ever try HDMI? For me, HDMI is even much worse. Different DP ports on GPU are all the same. Can you switch your monitor to DP 1.1?

10.15.3 had the same problem. In general, I hear that compatibility with Navi is better in 10.15.4 and that's also my experience.

I tried HDMI and it is not any better, and DP 1.1 only support 4k 30hz. Just plugged my radeon VII back and everything is fine again. I don't have a non-4k monitor to test but I saw some people without 4k does not have this problem.

The only thing that stays the same with both cards is I still don't have safari netflix 1080p no matter which shikigva I use, with or without agdpmod=pikera.

I read all the way through the post and to me it seems like the only thing this hack actually does is changing the Geekbench score :) The users who tested real life performance mentioned, that it made little to no difference. Even Luxmark scores stayed the same.

What did make a huge difference for me was using iMacPro1,1 instead of iMacX,X SMBIOS - it makes Adobe CC, Video Proc & Resolve encode with dGPU instead of iGPU.

In VideoProc, does your GPU show in the settings?

To me it seems like this is a compatibility issue between certain monitors and the Navi driver. I am running out of ideas how to fix this..

Out of curiosity: Which display panel does your monitor use?

It's an IPS panel. The model is LG 27UK850. Mine was booting fine and have no lag without WEG but only one monitor displayed through DP. I'm running dual monitors so that does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back