Gigabyte P55-USB3 1.0 F1
CPU
i5 760
Graphics
Gtx 980
P55 Mouse/Keyboard not working in installer, but in clover

Hey guys,

I have a USB-P55-USB3 1.0 F5 mainboard, intel i5 760 CPU, gtx 980

I created an USB like explained in the guide, in the bootmenu I can use mouse and keyboard, with nv_disable=1 I can start the installer, but then my input devices aren't working anymore so I'm not able to do any selection in the installer. I tried all ports without a DSDT and with a DSDT copied to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, but nothing changed.

What else can I do?

Thanks for your Help :)

Really, none of your USB ports work? That's unusually bad, even for El Capitan.

Maybe check BIOS and make sure things like XHCI=Smart Auto, EHCI Handoff=enabled, XHCI Handoff=enabled

I feel like other P55 users have had better luck, maybe search the forum for P55?

I have similar hardware, I have tried both El Capitan Beta and now the proper 10.11 and USB seems dead. USB3 for sure, but also all USB2 ports. Tried all Clover settings I could think of.

But I never tried a USB hub before I read this post http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...dont-work-usb-mouse-keyboard.html#post1116041 by nothingmore.

I plugged the Logitech keyboard USB into a "no name" USB-hub and wow, it actually worked. I installed El Capitan in no time using Unibeast (on a separate SSD). Didn't try to get sound working, but network was ok. For now I'll stick to Yosemite, but at least it's possible to install and run El Capitan on my P55 board. If NEC/Renesas USB3 isn't solved (but I hope it will be) I might try an internal USB3 card and hope I get lucky.

Did you try selecting "FixUSB" in your config.plist file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back