Contribute
Register

Mouse + Keyboard not working during installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you :) I didn't realize it was a hidden folder. Installing now. Hopefully it all goes smoothly.

Yeash, pretty much everything in the Unibeast USB is hidden except for the install file.

Yes Yes Yes, I finally got the mouse and keyboard to work. I have an H55M-D2H (BIOS F4) and a GT 520 1GB. Here's how:

1. Create Unibeast USB *without* Legacy USB support (yup, without it).
2. Copy DSDT.aml file to the Extra folder of the Unibeast USB (see post above for info on how to access this hidden folder).
3. In the BIOS I have the option "Legacy USB" enabled (even though I haven't installed it in the Unibeast USB).
4. Boot the USB with: -x GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0. You may not need to add the GraphicsEnabler=No part since the latest version of Unibeast enables it by default (so I've read).

That's it. Happy hacking everyone. :)

this!! thank you. i was pulling my hair out trying to figure this out. i was even more confused and went down a wrong path because when i prepared the installer with usb legacy support and messing around in bios it actually worked once and managed to install.

i have the gigabyte p55a ud4 bios ver 14. made the installer with no legacy usb. copied my dsdt from mountain lion into extras folder. all bios usb related settings enabled including legacy usb and usb storage support. the boot in safe mode with -x flag. my graphics card doesnt need graphics enabler.

the missing ingredient in my case was DSDT for this usb problem.

I have EVGA GTX 570 which is Fermi chipset as yours.

I assumed that you have another Mac to create Unibeast bootable drive.

My bootflag is GrapichsEnabler=Yes, ncpix3000.

Hope this helps

My board is GA-H55M-S2, and I met the exact same problem, thank all yours research, and give me the right information to resolve the problem by copy the DSDT.aml to hidden folder "Extra" in the Mavericks installation USB disk, and I enabled "Legacy USB support" when I made the Mavericks USB disk!!

Thank you guys!

How exactly do you find that DSTD file in the extra folder? I understand that you have to copy it and put it in the Mavericks extra folder but I do not know how to find that folder either. I am having a problem with my ps2 keyboard but the mouse works fine.

The DSTD file for my Gigabyte Z87-HD3 motherboard not on the list. How do I make one myself the file? Or are there any other ways of finding the DSTD file for my motherboard? I understand how Go to Folder works but how do I find the location?

Thanks in advance

Try opening a thread asking if someone else made a DSDT for your motherboard.

I've seen a trend in this forum, Intel Processor + Intel Graphics + Nvidia Card = No Keyboard or Mouse and issues with it.

Just in case anyone else stumbles across this thread, this was the cure for my particular frustration. I could get to the installation process, but just couldn't click the button. Infuriating.

Older build with a GA-P55A-UD3 motherboard.
So what exactly did you do to get it to work? Cause I've got exactly the same issue and it's driving me crazy since it works perfectly with Mavericks (Unibeast + Mavericks). But it wouldn't work for Yosemite. The keyboard seems to work in installer and it definitely works inside the OS itself (since I can input my password to login), if you've got enough patience to install it using only your keyboard, but the mouse doesn't. Can't click anything. There is only the pointer displayed. Oh, and funny thing, mouse-over (hovering) works as well. Just no clicks.

I would have used Unibeast + Yosemite as well, if it would work. But it doesn't. There is no Unibeast for Yosemite, for as far as I know.

I don't get it. Same USB port, same keyboard + mouse, different Mac OS X version (but I apparently am one of the very few to have this exact issue). Works in Mavericks. Doesn't work in Yosemite.

I thought it's because of the boot loader. So I tried both Clover and Chameleon. Same result. I've tried multiple IOUSBFamily and IOUSBMassStorageClass kexts. Even the ones from Mavericks. Same result.

Specs I've got:
Motherboard: GA-B85-HD3
CPU: Intel i5-4570
GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 650 OC 2GB RAM
Mouse + Keyboard combo: Logitech LX 300

So...any idea why is this and how to fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back