Contribute
Register

Mouse + Keyboard not working during installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
phuong12 and alcanfane, could you please share your boot flags? I tried fixing permissions and all that with Kext Wizard but I still didn't get the mouse and keyboard to work when I booted with "-v". What other flags do I need?

And if you could share your graphics cards, that would help as well.

phuong12 and alcanfane, could you please share your boot flags? I tried fixing permissions and all that with Kext Wizard but I still didn't get the mouse and keyboard to work when I booted with "-v". What other flags do I need?

And if you could share your graphics cards, that would help as well.

I booted in safe mode (-x). My graphics card is good old GTX 460 so I need GraphicsEnabler=YES and PCIRootUID=1

OK. Can you please upload your aforementioned kext files that you got from ML?

I'm not on mac os right now and having some works to do. You can try extracting those kexts from System\Library\Extensions of yr ML.

I'm not on mac os right now and having some works to do. You can try extracting those kexts from System\Library\Extensions of yr ML.

I tried that before, that's why I wanted your files, in case I ever changed mine on ML.
Oh well, maybe the "-x" will make the difference.

Edit: No joy. I tried "-x GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1" and then "-x GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0" and in both cases I got the same problem, despite my replacement of the USB files with those of ML. Maybe I should remove the AMD6000 kext once again.

I have a GA-H55M-UD2H mobo and I was also having problems with the Mavericks install screen and my mouse and keyboard not working. I used the DSDT method and took a copy of my DSDT file from my ML Extra's folder and placed it in the USB Maverick's installation Extra's folder and it worked! Both keyboard and mouse were working and installation went without a hitch. Currently working in Mavericks.

I have a GA-H55M-UD2H mobo and I was also having problems with the Mavericks install screen and my mouse and keyboard not working. I used the DSDT method and took a copy of my DSDT file from my ML Extra's folder and placed it in the USB Maverick's installation Extra's folder and it worked! Both keyboard and mouse were working and installation went without a hitch. Currently working in Mavericks.

I'm having the same problem with the installation not recognizing my keyboard and mouse. I've been out of the Hackintosh loop for a while but could someone please explain to me where the Extra folder is on the Unibeast USB? When I open mine all I see is the Mavericks install app? I haven't been able to find the folder via 'show package contents' either. Do I need to manually create the folder? If so, where is the correct location to place it?

Thanks for any help

I'm having the same problem with the installation not recognizing my keyboard and mouse. I've been out of the Hackintosh loop for a while but could someone please explain to me where the Extra folder is on the Unibeast USB? When I open mine all I see is the Mavericks install app? I haven't been able to find the folder via 'show package contents' either. Do I need to manually create the folder? If so, where is the correct location to place it?

Thanks for any help

Follow this:
I assume that the name of your Unibeast USB is "USB". In Finder: Go> Go to Folder...> paste this: /Volumes/USB/Extra

In my case, using the DSDT from ML didn't help, but I'm gonna try a few more things. Never give up! :D

Yes Yes Yes, I finally got the mouse and keyboard to work. I have an H55M-D2H (BIOS F4) and a GT 520 1GB. Here's how:

1. Create Unibeast USB *without* Legacy USB support (yup, without it).
2. Copy DSDT.aml file to the Extra folder of the Unibeast USB (see post above for info on how to access this hidden folder).
3. In the BIOS I have the option "Legacy USB" enabled (even though I haven't installed it in the Unibeast USB).
4. Boot the USB with: -x GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0. You may not need to add the GraphicsEnabler=No part since the latest version of Unibeast enables it by default (so I've read).

That's it. Happy hacking everyone. :)

Follow this:
I assume that the name of your Unibeast USB is "USB". In Finder: Go> Go to Folder...> paste this: /Volumes/USB/Extra

In my case, using the DSDT from ML didn't help, but I'm gonna try a few more things. Never give up! :D

Thank you :) I didn't realize it was a hidden folder. Installing now. Hopefully it all goes smoothly.

Edit:

Thought I'd include what I've done so far to get my setup running:

Unibeast options: OS X Mavericks + Legacy USB
Boot flags: -v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0
Extra folder with DSDT.aml

Is it true that you need Legacy USB if you have a first generation Core i processor? i.e Intel i5 750? I couldn't get the USB to boot without the option selected but I don't remember having to use that in previous versions of OS X/Unibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back