Contribute
Register

Mouse + Keyboard not working during installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would second this. I have a Gigabyte P55 UD2 (1156) board. I have Nvidia 9400 card and get to the installer with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRootUID=1. But then even though I set up Unibeast with Legacy support, I don't have any Keyboard or Mouse. Any Ideas out there?

I should mentioned that, yesterday, I tried another "rollback" (legacy support) driver that belongs to 10.8 and I got the keyboard to work, but the mouse was still essential so it didn't get me any further.

Same issue during installation: Keyboard works, mouse doesn't. Any help you can provide would be most appreciated!

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 UEFI
i5 - 2500k
NVIDIA GeForce GT 640

I too have this problem, as soon as i go the mavericks installation screen, my keyboard and mouse dont work. If anyone can help that would be great :)

The post you link to suggests two things: to enable usb legacy support (which I already have) and disable "usb backwards compatibility" - which does not exist on my H55M D2H mobo (presumably because that option is for mobos with usb 3 ports. So in my case, I have nothing in the bios to change so this post doesn't help. But maybe people with usb 3 mobos should try it.

I also have Nvidia card but ati6000 kext removal works in my case.

Well, I gave this a try by deleting "AMD6000" but now the boot is stuck at "SMC: successfully initialized".

I too have this problem although it's the other way around.. My mouse works fine but the keyboard does not! Not even ps2 keyboard. Anyone help?

I found a solution to it. just replace USB kext from ML. :thumbup:
edit: I mean I replaced both IOUSBFamily and IOUSBMassStorage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back