Not open for further replies.
CPU
i5-661
Graphics
GT 520
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I made a Unibeast USB for 10.9 and I am able to boot the installer using no DSDT and by typing npci=0x3000. Once I get to the installer, the mouse and keyboard (both are USB connected) do not work. I have a 1156 chipset motherboard and I tried using Legacy USB and it didn't help.

If I copy my DSDT file to the Extra folder in the UniBeast USB, it gets stuck at PCI Configuration Begin, despite my use of the npci=0x3000 flag (I tried 0x2000 as well).

Strangely, this appears to also be the case with my 10.8 USB. I don't know what changed that made the mouse and keyboard not work on that one. Could be that I was using some flags I forgot, though I did put them all in the Chameleon plist file.

I also tried GraphicsEnabler=No, which didn't help.

My PC:

Intel i5 661
Geforce GT 520 1GB
lots of RAM
GA-H55M-D2H (BIOS F4, which is the latest)

Copy your DSDT.aml in the hidden "Extra" folder on your unibeast usb drive.

You haven't fully read my original post. I said that I did try using my DSDT file in the Extra folder, but that makes the boot hang at "PCI configuration begins".

I did make a bit of progress, though:
I downloaded IOUSBFAMILY ROLLBACK for 10.8 and replaced it (deleted the original one of 10.9) and now, booting with DSDT=null (meaning the DSDT file is not being used), the keyboard works fine but the mouse still doesn't function, and I need both for the installation.

try to add laptop support & legacy support in unibeast installation option.

Just in case anyone else stumbles across this thread, this was the cure for my particular frustration. I could get to the installation process, but just couldn't click the button. Infuriating.

Older build with a GA-P55A-UD3 motherboard.

I don't understand this "fix" - what exactly did you do?

I enabled legacy support (which installs the IOUSBFAMILY rollback kexts), and it didn't work. I also tried different versions of the IOUSBFAMILY kexts, to no avail. Time to try Laptop Support, though I believe it only has to do with PS2 keyboard, which I don't use.

OK, so it might have to do with the GFX. Then again, I have an NVIDIA card, so what would I need to delete?

OK, I tried another combination: no DSDT/ with DSDT (tried both) + PCIRootUID=1 + GraphicsEnabler=Yes. In both cases I get:
"Cannot alloc class "applehdacontroller". It gets stuck endlessly here.

Would second this. I have a Gigabyte P55 UD2 (1156) board. I have Nvidia 9400 card and get to the installer with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRootUID=1. But then even though I set up Unibeast with Legacy support, I don't have any Keyboard or Mouse. Any Ideas out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back