Dell 07y85M - Ivy Bridge QM77
CPU
Intel Core i5-3320M
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000 / Nvidia NVS 5200M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I'm trying to install Snow Leopard using the iBoot Ivy Bridge boot loader and the SL retail disc version 10.6.3. The laptop I'm using is a Dell Latitude e6530. In reading the FAQ, I noticed that it specifically mentioned that laptops using Nvidia Optimus switching graphics wouldn't be able to install MacOS. Is this true even if I disable it in BIOS?

If so, this may explain the current problem I'm having with the installer. I am able to run iBoot and get to the part where the Snow Leopard disc loads the installer. And that's as far as I'm able to get with it. The keyboard doesn't work and the trackpad doesn't work, so I can't get past the language selection screen.

Laptop details are in my profile. Let me know if it's possible to install Snow Leopard on this machine, or if not, the best way to set up a virtual machine for this OS. Thanks.

Hello,

I'm trying to install Snow Leopard using the iBoot Ivy Bridge boot loader and the SL retail disc version 10.6.3. The laptop I'm using is a Dell Latitude e6530. In reading the FAQ, I noticed that it specifically mentioned that laptops using Nvidia Optimus switching graphics wouldn't be able to install MacOS. Is this true even if I disable it in BIOS?

If so, this may explain the current problem I'm having with the installer. I am able to run iBoot and get to the part where the Snow Leopard disc loads the installer. And that's as far as I'm able to get with it. The keyboard doesn't work and the trackpad doesn't work, so I can't get past the language selection screen.

Laptop details are in my profile. Let me know if it's possible to install Snow Leopard on this machine, or if not, the best way to set up a virtual machine for this OS. Thanks.

Use a USB keyboard/mouse.

Note that SL has no support for Ivy Bridge. You will use SL only as a way to download a more recent version of macOS/OS X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back