Contribute
Register

Mouse and keyboard will not respond until 5-10 minutes after boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same problem when I added a 210 to my system. I was able to fix it by removing AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext. After restart, the mouse/keyboard problem went away, but I didn't have audio. I added old audio drivers from Multibeast 5.0.2 and got my audio back and the delay didn't return. It seems there's an issue with the audio drivers included in the more recent versions of Multibeast.

I removed applehda kext and hdenabler kext.. then downloaded multibeast 5.02 and from there installed drivers > audio >realtek alcxx >without dsdt >alc887/888b > v100302 Current and rebooted...all worked fine

got sound from "built in" none other ports working..but thats ok

mine is ga-b75m-d3h mobo with alc887 realtek audio, and gforce 210 graphics..i also deleted all kext related to intel graphics and also disable the onboard graphics otherewise i was getting kernal panic

Gonna try Sachink70's solution and see where it get's me.

I had posted the exact same issue/problem over in Post Installation/Long Term Support/Hardware Troubleshooting and had no luck with responses.

Mouse and Keyboard Unresponsive Immediately after Boot

Will let you all know if I succeed shortly.

Robert

That does the trick for anyone using that motherboard and graphics card:)

Same issue with me. After change voodooHDA audio to appleHDA the problem appeared. Everything is working good but only after about 5 min after boot.
I'm using this configuration with nVidia GeForce 210 1GB. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&jumpid=reg_r1002_brpt_c-001_title_r0002#N405.

Anyone found how to fix it?

Same here. I just installed a fresh copy of 10.8 on a Biostar TH55-HD 1156 board with a Core i3-530 processor. I am using a Gefore 210 1gb gfx card and the board has ALC 662 audio. I installed VooDoo with multi beast but audio still didnt work. I deleted the VooDoo kexts and installed an ALC 662 Kext with Apple HDA and HDA Enabler kexts and rebooted. This is when the mouse and keyboard stopped working. I plugged in another set and they still didnt work. The computer detected that I plugged them in but I was unable to use them. I plugged in a USB hard drive and it read right away. So the USB ports are working, but the there is no signal from the Input devices. I did all of this after updating to 10.8.5. I deleted all 3 of the USB Family kexts in the S/L/E folder and copied the 10.8.4 kexts with kext beast from the external backup I had prior to updating to 10.8.5. This did not work. I have to wait a few minutes each time I reboot for the mouse and keyboard to work. Also, the audio only works when I use the -f boot flag. If anyone has any solutions let me know! I might just do a clean install again and bypass the voo doo altogether and try the ALC 662 kext package again. I'll post an update if I end up doing this and share results.

I removed applehda kext and hdenabler kext.. then downloaded multibeast 5.02 and from there installed drivers > audio >realtek alcxx >without dsdt >alc887/888b > v100302 Current and rebooted...all worked fine

got sound from "built in" none other ports working..but thats ok

mine is ga-b75m-d3h mobo with alc887 realtek audio, and gforce 210 graphics..i also deleted all kext related to intel graphics and also disable the onboard graphics otherewise i was getting kernal panic

Sachink,

Were you able to update to 10.8.5 and use the sound kexts from 5.0.2?

I could only get audio with a newer version of Multibeast, which brings back the delayed mouse and keyboard issue:(

Robert

Hello everyone I have the same problem with no sound spang 1974 after the 10.8.5 update. I follow the method of disposal sachink70 and hdenabler kext AppleHDA kext and installation of MultiBeast 5.02 unsolvable.

Please some soloucion the problem.

Thanks a greeting

Have the same problem after i did the 10.8.5 update. In 10.8.4 using multibeast 4.6.1 and choosing kexts for ALC887 (without dsdt) everything was working fine. But these kexts from the multibeast 4.6.1 dosent work in 10.8.5 and though I can get sound using the latest multibeast I am now stuck with mouse and keyboard freeze upon startup. Tried different and moddified kexts and it seems that its the HDAenabler1 kext that may be the problem... Anybody with a soultion? : )
i7 2600K
Geforce 210
GA-H61M-S2PV Rev 2.0 FD Bios

Yes I tried the new multibeast, unfortunately the same...Audio is working fine, but there's a 6 minute start-up process, including the mouse/keyboard freeze before I can get anywhere. Also turning off the computer takes quite a while. What worked for me up until 10.8.5 was the kext from multibeast 4.6.1 (ALC887 without dsdt and the HDAenabler kext). These kext does not work with 10.8.5..

I haven't found any solution with voodoo kext either. They either doesn't activate the card or give kernel panics. I have spent hours searching for a solution but for now i simply run 10.8.4 which running great!
I really hope someone comes up a solution cause its the only thing I miss from having a perfectly running hack in 10.8.5 : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back