Contribute
Register

Mouse and keyboard not working with xmove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got mine sorted did the clean install of lion just using the keyboad and installed to a new partition. Once installed I ran multibeast from SL partition and installed to lion partition. Did the USB roll back and all sorted.

I have to say that the reverse scrolling is confusing and launchpad is very blocky even with my 4890 graphics along with the latest kexts.

For the time being I'm sticking with SL

I finally solved this problem. I reinstalled snow leopard on my computer. I have a 1.5 TB hard drive. I had to partition the drive because osx won't recognize my hard drive. So I partitioned my drive into two. I installed Snow Leopard on one partition. I left the other one empty. Here are the steps that I took.

1. After installing SL. I followed tonymac's procedure on install OSX Lion. I copied multibeast 3.72 (Multibeast 3.8 seems to be screwing up since it's not giving me a full resolution on my video card but that's another issue) on the Installer drive. I used multibeast to add iousbfamiliy kext. Make sure that you install this on the Installer drive. Once it's installed reboot your pc then select installer. You would be able to use your mouse and keyboard.

2. Install Lion on the other partition. Don't overwrite Snow Leopard. After installing. Restart the computer. Boot back to SL and copy multibeast on the drive that holds the OSX Lion. Run multibeast and select iousbfamily kext. Make sure that you are installing this on the Lion drive. Once it's done. Reboot your computer. You should be able to setup your computer for the firs time. Run multibeast again to finish up the installation.

macbookpro32 said:
2. Install Lion on the other partition. Don't overwrite Snow Leopard. After installing. Restart the computer. Boot back to SL and copy multibeast on the drive that holds the OSX Lion. Run multibeast and select iousbfamily kext. Make sure that you are installing this on the Lion drive. Once it's done. Reboot your computer. You should be able to setup your computer for the firs time. Run multibeast again to finish up the installation.

I did something similar. But after I installed Lion to the new drive/partition, I did not go back to my SL, and just boot the Lion right away. Just copied MultiBeast from SL, and ran it from the Lion desktop. You can copy MB to a CD or a flash drive, so you save the extra step going back to SL. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back