Intel i5-3450 3.1 GHz
Graphics
GeForce GT 640 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, please help! I built my first hackintosh yesterday, and it worked, except for some audio and video problems. Today I turned it on and I can't get past the apple loading screen. It takes me to a grey screen with the mouse, or my monitor says "no DVI signal". I tried totally re-installing mountain lion via Unibeast, but the screen would go blank before I could get into my apple id and so on.

My build- Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P
- Intel core i5-3450 3.1 GHz
- EVGA Geforce 9800

It says the bios version is F3. They are not very helpful, as I have had a hard time finding anything.

When I COULD past the loading screen yesterday, I was having a bunch of problems.

- No audio from speakers or headphones. I tried to install drivers via Multibeast, but it kept saying installation failed after trying each driver.
- Youtube and other videos would only play about 5 seconds then stop, and when I tried to play a DVD, the DVD player app just kept quitting unexpectedly.
- The HDMI port on my graphics card will not get signal. The only port that ever makes anything happen is the DVI.

Of course, none of these problems matter if I can't get past the apple with the spinning circle. Does anyone know what BIOS settings to use specifically on Gigabyte B75? I feel like that is where my problem is coming from.

Please help if you can. I really want my hackintosh to work, but I am about to jump out the window. Thanks!

Looks like you should be using the F6 bios. The audio is 887, so shouldn't be a problem getting it working via MB. Likewise, the EVGA 9800 shouldn't be a problem. Can you describe in more detail what options you selected in MB when you ran it after doing a fresh ML install? I suggest after flashing the bios to F6, make sure the bios is set to AHCI not IDE, and see if it will boot. Use -v -x so you can see where it stalls or gives a kp.

My post seems to have disappeared.
Someone else is posting at same time I guess.

Nice to know 9800 GT works.

Your signature shows a GT 640.
Use it. It works OOB with Apple drivers aand graphics enabler = no.

Look at Miramar and Moarfish builds for settings of bios and MB.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/85600-success-seakers-build-ga-h77-ds3h-i5-3570-msi-gt640.html

Here is one ... search for the other.. better yet read post it has link to other build.
You have one of the easiest boards and video cards to use. (GT 640)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back