Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion will not boot after applying MultiBeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
Radeon 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello.
I installed Mountain Lion to my new system without any problems. Sweet!
I run MultiBeast with the following settings...

Screen%20Shot%202013-02-04%20at%2019.25.20.png

^ Screenshot taken on MacBook Pro for the sake of time

... No Problems, all is well.

I reboot (excited)... But then it hangs here...

2013-02-04%20at%2007:24.png

Can anyone see where i have gone wrong? Any help, advice or even just a point in the right direction would be appreciated :)

Cheers,
Chris.

If I were you, I'd start over, it doesn't take long and will be easier to determine where the issue occurs.

1. Remove GFX Card, setup with on board GFX to start.
2. When you get to MultiBeast stage, install 1 item at a time.

3. When you booted this time did you do so with the UniBeast stick still in or removed?

Let us know how you get on.

Hello TheTVMan and thanks for the reply!

I just tried booting without my graphics card installed, before i tried a fresh install and it worked! So i know now it is a graphics problem.
Does anybody know what i need to do to make my card work? It worked fine before on my old system under Mountain Lion 10.8.2

Thanks,
Chris.

After playing around a little i've learnt that adding "PCIRootUID=1" will let me boot successfully, however i loose display resolutions. When i had the GA-H55M-UD2h motherboard i had too boot with "PCIRootUID=0" for a successful boot.

Anyone know a fix?

Thanks,
Chris.

Got it working now. Not sure what the problem was.

I did a fresh install without touching any of the graphics kexts (apart from removing the ATI6000 kext so UniBeast would load), didn't add any boot flags and i switched which port i had my display plugged into.

Hope this helps someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back