Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion - Upgraded graphics card to GTX 760, stuck at white screen then black screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh_Pro
CPU
Intel i7 930 @ 3.8GHZ
Graphics
ATI 4800HD
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I have been using my trusty Hack Pro for around three years now but have just tried upgrading the graphics card from my aging Radeon 4800 to a GTX 760 as it can run natively.

Anyhoo, unlike my previous experience, all has not gone to plan! I have set GraphicsEnabler=No and installed the Nvidia CUDA drivers. On reboot I get the good 'ol white screen then black (as in the display turns off!). I have tried all the suggested basic things, i.e. GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=0, npci=0x3000 at boot with no success.

Any thoughts? I'm trying to re-create a UniBeast USB and booting from that although the install of that isn't working either (weird, one of those days clearly!).

My setup is:

x58a-UD3R
i7 930 @ 3.78GHZ (overclocked - running at spec 2.8GHZ during this install)
GTX 760
8GB RAM
Sandisk Extreme II SSD 128GB

All works fine if I swap the old graphics card back in. The new card works fine in Windows so not dodgy hardware.

Any thoughts would be greatly received as this is my main work machine! Much appreciated!

Alex.

I read 10.8.5 has native support but I'll probably try a fresh install of Mavericks - nothing to lose (and a new card not wasted to gain)!

Alex.

Right. I tried installing Mavericks using the latest UniBeast and MultiBeast and have had success! I didn't do a clean install so I have my old apps etc..

I needed to reinstall the ALC889 (with DSDT) and I used the DSDT for my mobo.

So far (touch wood), so good.

Hopefully a similar approach might give results for those with similar problems.

Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back