Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Slower Boot Times?

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1. Would be interested in finding out what these extra instruction actually do.

My SSD is a Corsair Force 3 120GB, my boot time is 50-60 secons, I tried all kexts and flags that I could find, same boot time.

Edit

Fixed by reflashing bios

Now Iwill try without the kexts and Flags

karacho thank you for your input, I would like to confirm that the kernel flags you've posted have indeed for some curious reason speeded up my boot i.e. brought it back to original speeds (with UseKernelCache=Yes of course)

I have the Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3 and originally, with only the OCZ Agility 3 on-board, it would boot very fast. Once I've hooked up a Seagate Greet 1,5TB, the boot is delayed by 10-15 seconds more. Adding the flags "debug=8 ahcidisk=1" brought back the initial boot speed:

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v darkwake=0 debug=8 ahcidisk=1</string>

However, I removed debug=8 and only left ahcidisk=1 believing it was an option, it didn't work. The flags are both needed.

Can anyone shed some light on this and perhaps educate me as to what these do? I obviously do see more debug info while booting; just wondering how this fixes the any AHCI issue and what the debug does...

Cheers again. Grateful. No need to patch AHCI kexts or use Lion's.

I'm researching the same info. This was the first thread I found so I'll bring the info here if I find the answer.

what 2 kext can you share them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back