Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Slow Boot Up Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delete AppleACPIPlatform.kext and install with the one I attached here. Use Kext Utility to repair permission and rebuld kernel cache before reboot.

Attachments

• AppleACPIPlatform.zip
    400.8 KB · Views: 1,954
Ok I'll give it a try when I get back home later today and I'll report back how it goes (fingers crossed) :)

Do you guys have any internal hard drives showing external before this kext replacement?

tot31 Thank you so much, that kext you uploaded fixed it up and now my hackintosh boots up in 5 - 10 seconds instead of 1 minute! Even Muiltibeast 5.0.2 didn't fix it for me but your kext did, so thanks again :)

Delete AppleACPIPlatform.kext and install with the one I attached here. Use Kext Utility to repair permission and rebuld kernel cache before reboot.

Thank you very much, bro! Worked for me as well. Now instead of 20 sec boot up time I am having only 5-7 sec :) This is with UseKernelCache set to No. Setting it to yes leads to system hangs during the boot-up... still fighting with it.

Thank you very much, bro! Worked for me as well. Now instead of 20 sec boot up time I am having only 5-7 sec :) This is with UseKernelCache set to No. Setting it to yes leads to system hangs during the boot-up... still fighting with it.

Great, do you use a SSD ? If yes, what brand are you using as I'm looking for one at the moment. I got a few candidates but have not decide yet

None of these tricks work for me either.....any more?

Replacing these 2 kexts with the ones from Lion worked for me.

AppleAHCIPort.kext
IOAHCIFamily.kext

Once I did this and and used UseKernelCache boot time went from 1:08 to 0:35 seconds

This worked for me, too. But after replacing these two kext files sleep doesn't work any more. So I used the original kext files again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back