Graphics
Nvidia 8800GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I have successfully install Mountain Lion 10.8 using the following guide.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

I had successfully booted into the machine using the USB-HDD, then I continued with the rest of the setup. I needed to install network, audio, and graphics drivers.

Up until this point I had no issues with my usb keyboard and mouse. After I had select network and audio, decided to hold off doing the graphics that time and multibeast had finished running;

I restarted the machine. I used the USB-HDD to boot back into my newly install Mountain Lion, and I was greeted with the login screen and USB keyboard and mouse were enabled.

So two things I would like to resolve, get the keyboard and mouse working. I would also like to know how to boot into Mountain Lion without having to constantly use USB-HDD.

I have tired. USBBusFix=Yes as the arguments when booting to no avail. I also had no problems with any of this during setup. I think it has something to do with the login screen.

I would appreciate any help that can be provided! its my first time doing this and fairly seemless setup (kudos to the community here)!

So I have been messing around with multibeast all day. Chimera doesn't seem to want to work. I have been booting using USB-HDD all day.

This is my 4th resinstall of the OS.

I would really appreciate some guidance here. I am sitting here with a mute, internet-less computer.

Multibeast for Mountain Lion doesn't seem to be working here. :(

Hey there. I am using the P5KC too
I am currently on Lion only, didnt purchase Mountain Lion yet
Anyway, i will try my best.

Back to the topic

Can you tell me concisely why chimera doesnt work?
did you miss the PCIRootUID=1 ?

about device kext
first, you need to know that ML is a 64bit system, you gotta use 64bit kext in order to drive the device

In Lion I use
AttansicL1Ethernet.kext to enable Build-in Ethernet
VoodooHDA.kext to enable Audio (need pin config)

Think you can start by searching the 2 64bit kext mentioned above

about USB, mine just work fine w/o any patch, kext in Lion
I think its the same case in ML

Sorry for my poor english

what is the exact steps to enable ahci? I have p5kc

Ron,

The P5KC bios found here worked for me and gave me the AHCI function back in the BIOS : http://www.mediafire.com/?r0l68k1x2ddnn#aun66wtntrak6

Hi

So how do you flash the bios with the linked downloads.... Do I need all of them? Which ones should i download to enable me to flash my bios, and how do i use (sorry noob to flashing bios) I need to flash as im having issues with AHCI visibility.

When i install with unibeat and mavericks, I get to the installation screen, but disk utility only sees my USB.... Really annoying.

I can install mav on an external drive via a sata to usb converter, however I want mav installed on my internal hd.

Thanks in advanced peeps

Hi

So how do you flash the bios with the linked downloads.... Do I need all of them? Which ones should i download to enable me to flash my bios, and how do i use (sorry noob to flashing bios) I need to flash as im having issues with AHCI visibility.

When i install with unibeat and mavericks, I get to the installation screen, but disk utility only sees my USB.... Really annoying.

I can install mav on an external drive via a sata to usb converter, however I want mav installed on my internal hd.

Thanks in advanced peeps

Solved

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/55787-asustek-p5kc-nvidia-8800-gt-q6600.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back