Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
not correctly written: not problem, but the errors in the log -
Likely the HD4000 and GTX HDMI audio codecs that are active and not configured. It looks you made the HDMI audio dsdt edits and don't have an HDMI device attached.

Problem with MultiBeast AppleHDA

Hello,

I've recently updated to 10.8.2 and I found that the patched AppleHDA in multibeast was breaking my system - however this provided no useful information only:

"Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1570
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 2200
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 217
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1055
NTFS driver 3.10 [Flags: R/W].
NTFS volume name Windows 7, version 3.1."

I was able to boot using safe boot, and I installed the ML_AppleHDA-892-Alpha kext and I now have working audio, so we can assume that my DSDT has the correct edits.

Just a bit more information, I'm one of the lucky few with a 3xxx Asus bios with working audio, in particular Asus P8P67-LE running 3602 patched rom.

My question is,
should I stick with this alpha version of AppleHDA or risk breaking my system again?
+ is there anything I can do to help, as samisnake contacted me and mentioned it to you to try and fix this phantom error with asus boards

EDIT:
Can only boot in safe mode in 10.8.2 again.. aka when the audio drivers arent loaded

How to implement the motherboard Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H 5.1 sound? OS 10.8.2
On the page http://www.tonymacx86.com/130-how-en...udio-os-x.html way. It did not work.

P.S. Earned 5.1 after installing Multibeast 5.1.2. When setting Midi all 6 channels work. Only can not - does not work setting the sound level on the clave and the slider menyubare not active. The player level adjustment works. How to fix?

I was able to boot using safe boot, and I installed the ML_AppleHDA-892-Alpha kext and I now have working audio, so we can assume that my DSDT has the correct edits.

Just a bit more information, I'm one of the lucky few with a 3xxx Asus bios with working audio, in particular Asus P8P67-LE running 3602 patched rom.

My question is,
should I stick with this alpha version of AppleHDA or risk breaking my system again?
+ is there anything I can do to help, as samisnake contacted me and mentioned it to you to try and fix this phantom error with asus boards

EDIT:
Can only boot in safe mode in 10.8.2 again.. aka when the audio drivers arent loaded
The reason your audio works with the 3xxx BIOS is your processor does not have the HD3000 HDMI audio codec. Regarding updating audio, always recommend a bootable backup. Run update and verify audio. Audio is simply a works or doesn't work and, in my experience, has never stopped a boot for me. Not to assign blame, graphics is the more likely cause of boot problems.

How to implement the motherboard Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H 5.1 sound? OS 10.8.2
On the page http://www.tonymacx86.com/130-how-en...udio-os-x.html way. It did not work.

P.S. Earned 5.1 after installing Multibeast 5.1.2. When setting Midi all 6 channels work. Only can not - does not work setting the sound level on the clave and the slider menyubare not active. The player level adjustment works. How to fix?
No need to double post the exact same problem. I responded to your other post.

The reason your audio works with the 3xxx BIOS is your processor does not have the HD3000 HDMI audio codec. Regarding updating audio, always recommend a bootable backup. Run update and verify audio. Audio is simply a works or doesn't work and, in my experience, has never stopped a boot for me. Not to assign blame, graphics is the more likely cause of boot problems.

I thought it would be my graphics card also with all the problems that are occurring with the GTX 550 Ti atm, however when I was still on 10.8 I backed up the AppleHDA.kext. When updating to 10.8.2, I need to safe boot if I use the standard 10.8.2 AppleHDA, MultiBeast kext or the alpha version.

I have just installed my backup from 10.8 and yes I have no working audio, however I am able to boot! Before replacing the kext I tried GE=No etc. I believe we both looked at the same page on mountain lion audio, I made a short guide for ALC662 - are there the same edits I can apply to this AppleHDA from 10.8 instead of using the 10.8.2 kext?

EDIT

Strange things happening, I was able to boot once with 10.8 AppleHDA however after that no joy. I tried deleting AppleHDA and I still have my problem of not booting, so it's not that and as you say, I do believe it is the graphics. However how was I able to boot perfectly that once?
last line of verbose is:
considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib triggered rerebuild
What does that mean?

I thought it would be my graphics card also with all the problems that are occurring with the GTX 550 Ti atm, however when I was still on 10.8 I backed up the AppleHDA.kext. When updating to 10.8.2, I need to safe boot if I use the standard 10.8.2 AppleHDA, MultiBeast kext or the alpha version.

I have just installed my backup from 10.8 and yes I have no working audio, however I am able to boot! Before replacing the kext I tried GE=No etc. I believe we both looked at the same page on mountain lion audio, I made a short guide for ALC662 - are there the same edits I can apply to this AppleHDA from 10.8 instead of using the 10.8.2 kext?

EDIT

Strange things happening, I was able to boot once with 10.8 AppleHDA however after that no joy. I tried deleting AppleHDA and I still have my problem of not booting, so it's not that and as you say, I do believe it is the graphics. However how was I able to boot perfectly that once?
last line of verbose is:
considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib triggered rerebuild
What does that mean?
The changes in 10.8.2 AppleHDA.kext are minor, you will not notice any difference.

Something is messed up. Fresh install with native audio. When you can boot successfully, install audio.

The error message says a kext was changed and kernel cache is no longer valid.

I didn't understand I should use v.2.1

Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into it.
Best,
-a-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back