Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect it should work just like windows, but no sound, or even digital sync lock on the interface. This happens with optical and coaxial digital output.

I should mention, the ALC889 has 8 analog outputs on the back panel on my motherboard (Asus P6X58D-E). I can only access 6 of them using this HDA. Doesn't seem like any of the three configurations quite match this particular motherboard.
I am very confused, you are saying Optical works with all those applications. Be clear, what applications is optical not working. What problem are your trying to solve?

AppleHDA was not designed to match your motherboard. As a matter of fact, it was designed to support exactly one audio output port. There are more options, see Mountain Lion: Customizing the Optimized AppleHDA

I am very confused, you are saying Optical works with all those applications. Be clear, what applications is optical not working. What problem are your trying to solve?

Optical output doesn't work. It doesn't work anywhere. No sound at all anywhere. That's what I'm trying to solve.

Analog outputs work fine. And they work everywhere.

It really should not matter which applications I'm talking about. Any application playing stereo audio should work for both analog and optical outputs.

Hi,

Please could you help me ?

I followed the post of Toleda (removing "npci=0x3000") to get audio working with 10.8.5.
(please find attached a screen capture of the system informations)

Everything is OK since I removed "npci=0x3000" except... the boot is now very very slow (10 mn).
How can I fix that, please ?

I use only these flags :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=0 -v</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>&quot;1920x1080x32&quot;</string>
</dict>
</plist>

(I can't boot if PCIRooUID=1, the screen goes black and there is no more video signal at the startup.)

My config :
MSI H57M-ED65
CPU : CORE i7 870 2.93 GhZ
RAM : 16 gb
VIDEO : GEFORCE 210

Multibeast : the newer version

Thank you in advance for your help.

Attachments

• audio.pdf
    105.9 KB · Views: 242
Everything is OK since I removed "npci=0x3000" except... the boot is now very very slow (10 mn).
How can I fix that, please ?

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 PCIRootUID=0 -v</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>&quot;1920x1080x32&quot;</string>
Graphics Mode key is not correct.
Why do you use darkwake=0
There should be only one Intel High Definition Audio, not 2.
For slow boot see, USB Start-up Problem (aka the Audio problem)

Thank you Toleda,

Sorry for the delay of my response.

I don't understand why there are 2 Intel High Definition Audio but it works, I have sound so this problem is "cosmetic".

For the long boot, I tried to to use "USN Start-up Problem..." but it does not work (I will post the results on it...)
I deactivated GUI on boot, to gain some speed for booting.

My configuration now :

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>PCIRootUID=0 -v</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GUI</key>
<string>No</string>

Thank you so much for your help.

Best regards from Grenoble, French Alps

I need some help with my audio system not working. I have a GA-Z77N-WIFI board with Realtek ALC892 audio. I've tried numerous times to install the DSDT-free version of the ALC892 drivers from the newest version of multi beast, without success. Screenshot of system specs, and I can confirm my audio output is connected to my speakers correctly.

tony1.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• tony1.jpg
    tony1.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 209
After i have updated my Mac to 10.8.5 supplemental update the audio don't work. My configuration is: ASUS P8z68-V LX, i5-2500K, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GTX 760. I have used Multibeast 5.5.3 after update.
With 10.8.5 (without supplemental update) all works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back