Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Here:
Your edited dsdt is not installed. Reason, IOReg shows HDEF/layout-id is 0, instead of 1 as in the edited dsdt. The native dsdt does not have layout-id. Install edited dsdt to Extra/dsdt.aml.

Thanks, I'll look into it :)
Have a nice WE
-a-

EDIT: well I am stuck because IOreg consistently crashes... I have Xcode 4.5 installed while IOreg is for Xcode 4.4. Could this be the source of the problem?

Hi TOLEDA i have 3 rear audio port in my mobo and set up 5.1 audio with your valuable instruction with MB 5.0.2's audio kext

(That's easy. You are using the 892 edited AppleHDA from MultiBeast. Your current Audio ID is 892 for 5/6 port audio. For 3 port audio, the Audio ID is 292. The Audio ID is represented by the hex value set in dsdt/HDEF/layout-id.

Edit your dsdt/HDEF/layout-id from 0x7C, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00 to 0x24, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00. )

but now with MB 5.1.1 ALC 892 kext this edit DSDT is not working audio assertion error and no audio output on system preference. can i get back 5.1 adudi with new kext from MB 5.1.1

Expect your valuable help

Hi TOLEDA i have 3 rear audio port in my mobo and set up 5.1 audio with your valuable instruction with MB 5.0.2's audio kext
The Audio IDs changed in ML (out of my control). With MB 5.1.1 and newer, you need:
Audio ID: 2 - supports custom 3 port onboard and/or AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio (Lion Audio ID:2xy)

For more info, see
Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx

Your edited dsdt is not installed. Reason, IOReg shows HDEF/layout-id is 0, instead of 1 as in the edited dsdt. The native dsdt does not have layout-id. Install edited dsdt to Extra/dsdt.aml.
Now my new IOReg shows HDEF/layout-id is 1(the previous IOReg from native dsdt), but I have the same problem.
Thank you for help!

Attachments

• Nick_home_boot.zip
    542.5 KB · Views: 184
What problem? This IOReg shows 898 onboard audio working.
not correctly written: not problem, but the errors in the log -
Sound assertion - Command/Response TIMED OUT and ( kRequestStateMatch == fCodecRequest->state = 2 ), fCodecRequest->command->codec: -549064016896, fCodecRequest->command->verb: 0xFFF, fPoweredDown: 0
Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 5097
Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 5098
Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 8276
And second - clicks in the audio speakers every 5-10 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back