Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5H TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 570
Hey,

I know there a number of posts on here about installing Windows on a Hackintosh, but many of them cover either installing it on a separate drive or shared on a single partitioned drive.

What I am looking to do is this:

I have a SSD for ML and all my applications. I the have an additional 1TB HDD for all my save files. I am wondering if it is possible to keep my SSD for ML and then partition my 1TB to allocate 60 GB for Windows 8 and then install Windows 8 on that drive.

Would the process be the same as simply installing Windows 8 and ML on two separate drives? Am I going to run into any problems with kexts after the fact? Or will it be simply the case of installing Chameleon to properly boot either Windows 8 or ML at startup.

Any info and/ or a step-by-step guide to this process would be greatly appreciated!

Hey,

I know there a number of posts on here about installing Windows on a Hackintosh, but many of them cover either installing it on a separate drive or shared on a single partitioned drive.

What I am looking to do is this:

I have a SSD for ML and all my applications. I the have an additional 1TB HDD for all my save files. I am wondering if it is possible to keep my SSD for ML and then partition my 1TB to allocate 60 GB for Windows 8 and then install Windows 8 on that drive.

Would the process be the same as simply installing Windows 8 and ML on two separate drives? Am I going to run into any problems with kexts after the fact? Or will it be simply the case of installing Chameleon to properly boot either Windows 8 or ML at startup.

Any info and/ or a step-by-step guide to this process would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back