ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive and install on it the Mountain Lion flavor. The reason I'm thinking of doing this is because of my HDD's speed (slow enough) but my OS X responds fast (or if you want: 1000% faster than m$ window$). So, what if my usb 3.0 is faster? How faster is OS X gonna respond? My HDD is SATA 1 (I Think), I store only documents and projects currently working on and of course the software I need/use. Which are at the same time stored on my dropbox account (docs, projects). Total space I use is 20-22GB (incl. OS, software, docs, projects). And is not going to grow more, at least not too fast (I mean my space). I'm a web developer/designer, so most of my stuff is stored online.

My question is:
Am I gonna see any speed difference? Is it gonna be faster? More more faster? Are there any disadvantages I gotta think of before doing this regarding what I already mentioned earlier?

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive and install on it the Mountain Lion flavor. The reason I'm thinking of doing this is because of my HDD's speed (slow enough) but my OS X responds fast (or if you want: 1000% faster than m$ window$). So, what if my usb 3.0 is faster? How faster is OS X gonna respond? My HDD is SATA 1 (I Think), I store only documents and projects currently working on and of course the software I need/use. Which are at the same time stored on my dropbox account (docs, projects). Total space I use is 20-22GB (incl. OS, software, docs, projects). And is not going to grow more, at least not too fast (I mean my space). I'm a web developer/designer, so most of my stuff is stored online.

My question is:
Am I gonna see any speed difference? Is it gonna be faster? More more faster? Are there any disadvantages I gotta think of before doing this regarding what I already mentioned earlier?

Thanks in advance!

USB will be slower than SATA. Better to use the money spent on 32Gb flash for a SATA II/SATA III HDD.

Ok then. I just wanted to be sure.
Can you propose me a SATA III HDD compatible with my build? And generally a good HDD. You can see my specs on your left.
Thank again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back