Motherboard
Gigabyte H370 HD3
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am a music producer, engineer and performer. After the video on my Win 7 laptop failed, I decided to go to a desktop build so that if something goes I can replace something rather than get a new laptop. Furthermore, I wanted a dual boot system with Windows and macOS because I want to try Logic Pro but still use my Sonar while I'm learning.

So, I find this wonderful website and start making plans. In June 2018 I put together a system with a GIGABYTE H370 HD3, Intel Core i7-8700, 32 gig RAM (no video card, just using onboard hdmi) and other items from the budget ATX buyer's guide. I rebuild my Windows setup and everything works fine, and I finish my CD. So in January 2019 I decide to install the Mac portion of this project.

I should mention just before the laptop died I bought a Mackie 1640i firewire mixing board. After some investigating I find out that the last usable Mac drivers for this board works with Mountain Lion and no later. So I download Mountain Lion and go through the process detailed on this website for 10.8 installation. Although the screens on the guide looked different, I managed to create a Mountain Lion usb installer with UniBeast.

I install another Samsung 250g SSD, disconnect the other drives, plugin the USB installer and boot her up. I get a cute picture of a mountain lion and when I press enter, I get a white screen with an Apple logo and that's it.

So far I have tried boot flags -v -x PCIRootUID=0 and npci=0x2000 . Nothing has worked yet. Do I need an Internet connection like you do in Windows? I only have a wifi adapter, no cables to my basement. Is it OK to use my wifi mouse and keyboard? I am going to remove the firewire card and try again. Are there any more command line flags I can try? Any other tips?

I am thinking what if my 2018 build does not work with Mountain Lion? Is that possible?

I am thinking what if my 2018 build does not work with Mountain Lion? Is that possible?
Your hardware is too new to be supported in Mountain Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back